Lions ! taking first look hunt

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Lions ! taking first look hunt

Post by ronMctube »

well many of us here never thought it would happen ( me included :D ) but they out on the trailblazer beta now to try.

heres some footage from me on my first hunt and looking closely at them with the cinematic camera ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXxy3IohoE

some pics
BCKidd

Re: Lions ! taking first look hunt

Post by BCKidd »

Haahaa- flew through the air like a golf ball. Cool vid Ron. I don't have CoTW- but I jus' might look at it. Thanks for sharing. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

pics

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Great video Ron! I wonder when they will introduce a lion to EHR so i can watch them feast on my friends...I mean hunt them :mrgreen:
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Thanks for the video Ron! That's one helluva a paw slap from mama lion!! :lol: looked like you were wingsuit flying for a moment! ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Pretty irresponsible of EW to through out their loved customers with a mere .243 :D

Now understand your luck in hunting now Ron running the beta. Animals don´t spook until they are 5 meter away from you and if they spook they don´t run far. And a ton of animals to hunt make the Savannah actually feel alive. Maybe EW should include different game modes to tailor for both though that don´t want to see a track the first 30 minutes of the hunt and others that are looking for plenty of photo opportunities and action. I took one shot on a male lion but must have spotted some 60ish in a short session with mainly heards of wildebeest, springbook but also a bunch of warthogs, lesser kudos :)

As for bugs dunno but the quick action menu is gone? I triple checked it but I couldn´t use Q to get the inventory without going out to the main interface?
The stampede sound need to be trimmed feels odd when you are spotting a heard of wildebeest and the addon stampede sound is going with maybe max one of them running if any. I guess it´s enough to have one spooked for the stampede sound get going.

Otherwise wonder if they tweaked the lightning. It looked much better with some fake hdr effects I haven´t noticed before but haven´t been on the savannah for some months.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”