Are they know what they doing in COTW?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
vsaet
Hunter

Are they know what they doing in COTW?

Post by vsaet »

In fact I have not to post for COTW here but I don't like their forum in Steam and here I know that you understand me! ;)
The real subject I would like to make was " Are they so st.... in COTW" but I can't because of the rules of the forum. But I will tell you an history to see why I said all that.
From 2 weeks ,like in my 9th anniversary post i said, I purchased and try COTW to compare with the Classic like a make it in that post. Today I have something that I can't believe and found it there. it has a report with a rule here and for that I post it.
When I started COTW I programmed my keys and like here I use he left mouse button to use things but to fire to I programmed there also. My Good!!!! First time I go to the store i take in hands the hunter mate I use the key to open OK all good
The second time I has in hand my gun :lol: .....and I shot the building when I used the key. The all thing is not that i has to change key but the fact that in COTW there not the first rule of hunting that is "we not shut with the gun in hands and not raised because we will kill our friends in side . Elementary rule that here in the Classic when you fire with the gun lowest a banner appears that say "you have to raise the gun to shut" . And IRL when we go out there is the low of hunting that say the double sided shotguns e.g must me opened and the semi or automatic not armed like all guns rifles or handguns.
That in COTW is an enormous error .Are there a consultant? I think not.
And if someone that likes COTW (I am not against) will be here again with "you know is a game" I am sorry but in that case the game must no called Hunter better call it "Doom". I have a lot more to say about the game that they want to replace THE CLASSIC but that game is not yet born. ;)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Are they know what they doing in COTW?

Post by Fletchette »

Well, I've been hunting my whole life, and I've never seen anyone walking through a field hunting birds (pheasant, quail, grouse, etc.) with their shotgun broken open. And I've never seen anyone walking, standing, or sitting in a tree stand hunting deer with the bolt on their rifle open. While hunting, whether the gun is raised or lowered, there is a live round in the chamber, and the breach or bolt is closed. The safety is on of course, and doesn't come off until you raise the gun to fire. Then after you're done firing, you chamber another round and reengage the safety. I haven't played COTW, but of it's like Classic, what's missing is the action of turning the safety on and off. My assumption is that in Classic the safety is released automatically when you raise the gun, and they simple chose to not make the player explicitly do it.
Personal Bests...
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Fletchette wrote:Well, I've been hunting my whole life, and I've never seen anyone walking through a field hunting birds (pheasant, quail, grouse, etc.) with their shotgun broken open. And I've never seen anyone walking, standing, or sitting in a tree stand hunting deer with the bolt on their rifle open. While hunting, whether the gun is raised or lowered, there is a live round in the chamber, and the breach or bolt is closed. The safety is on of course, and doesn't come off until you raise the gun to fire. Then after you're done firing, you chamber another round and reengage the safety. I haven't played COTW, but of it's like Classic, what's missing is the action of turning the safety on and off. My assumption is that in Classic the safety is released automatically when you raise the gun, and they simple chose to not make the player explicitly do it.
I said not hunting ,I said when we are out there that means walking. I f I am in a Tree waiting is normal to take the gun ready. I will find photos or videos to show you how in Europe must walking when in woods.
You go with your friends from one location to another with the gun armed!!

http://s1.lprs1.fr/images/2016/07/07/59 ... 00x625.PNG
https://www.chassepassion.net/wp-conten ... -chien.jpg
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I really don´t understand. Weapons work the same in classic as in COTW. There is options where you manually have to chamber the round and manual reload but they are not default.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

knott wrote:I really don´t understand. Weapons work the same in classic as in COTW. There is options where you manually have to chamber the round and manual reload but they are not default.
Not at all! In COTW you can kill your friend who is in side of you because you can shot with the gun down.Try to see. In classic that is not possible.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I think what he's saying is that he programmed his fire button to be the same key as the "use" key and if he attempts to "use" an environmental object with the gun equipped, it fires. That's probably a bug or, at the very least, a programming oversight.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

TheSheWolf wrote:I think what he's saying is that he programmed his fire button to be the same key as the "use" key and if he attempts to "use" an environmental object with the gun equipped, it fires. That's probably a bug or, at the very least, a programming oversight.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I already has the case when I started playing COTW and for that the thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

I play COTW now only on PS4 pro. The game is suitable to be pleasant on console. I abandoned the PC version. For EW COTW is the most realistic hunting game they have produced. This is their speech. For players, this is not the case and many prefer to stay on the classic, despite the limitations of the old game engine (animals disappear at short distance, AI pathfinding problem, ballistics is not realistic., we can only play with mouse/ keyboard etc.).
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You will need to change your habits and learn different keys when you play CotW. You cannot set all keys to be the same as in Classic, because CotW has some other features and is different after all.

For example, I quite like the middle mouse key to toggle the scope on and off. Inventory handling in CotW is horrible but this part is really cool. My problem is that in Classic, I have set the middle mouse key (wheel) on the huntermate. I click it in Classic all the time to toggle between huntermate and the last used item. I find this very convenient. In CotW the huntermate has a lot less use, mostly only serves as a minimap. I have to keep reminding myself not to click the mouse wheel in CotW.

Another example is changing stance. Very simple in Classic, use Shift to get up and Control to get down. In CotW the stances are on three different keys.

Then you can jump with Space in Cotw, which is holding breath in Classic. You don't really want to change this setting on CotW. Remember to hold breath with Shift there.

You really have to relearn the keys when playing CotW. I don't see a way around this. Keep a list on the side somewhere that explains the keys.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you play multiple games its not so bad if you only play classic then yes key binds can at first become confusing but the more you play you will learn and it wont be a issue.

the problem was what happened is as someone pointed out above when trying to change his keybinds to be more easier to understand he by mistake chose his main mouse (firing action ) as the same key bind. obviously he didnt know this but by using a keybind with the same action resulted with him firing. im not sure if cotw warns you about double key binding ? might check that later. as many games do and a little red sentance pops up saying (this key is already binded warning ! )

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”