Are they know what they doing in COTW?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Are they know what they doing in COTW?

Post by muledeer »

If they make a dlc with a classic Huntermade (maybe model 33B :-) in cotw inklusive the same control ... i will pay for
until we have the drilling in classic i miss to use the middle mouse to toggle the scope

this team make awesome landscape but horrible inventory handling but nobody listen to us!

@HooCairs we must relearn? they have to listen but ask a few people and you have a few differnt meaning ... so what^^

sorry ...i just wish they make a hunter2 game for pc
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

muledeer wrote:@HooCairs we must relearn? they have to listen but ask a few people and you have a few differnt meaning ... so what^^
Not sure if you got my point. CotW and Classic are not the same games. One game has functions that the other doesn't have, and vice versa. It is not possible to have the same key bindings in both games.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

HooCairs wrote:You will need to change your habits and learn different keys when you play CotW. You cannot set all keys to be the same as in Classic, because CotW has some other features and is different after all.

For example, I quite like the middle mouse key to toggle the scope on and off. Inventory handling in CotW is horrible but this part is really cool. My problem is that in Classic, I have set the middle mouse key (wheel) on the huntermate. I click it in Classic all the time to toggle between huntermate and the last used item. I find this very convenient. In CotW the huntermate has a lot less use, mostly only serves as a minimap. I have to keep reminding myself not to click the mouse wheel in CotW.

Another example is changing stance. Very simple in Classic, use Shift to get up and Control to get down. In CotW the stances are on three different keys.

Then you can jump with Space in Cotw, which is holding breath in Classic. You don't really want to change this setting on CotW. Remember to hold breath with Shift there.

You really have to relearn the keys when playing CotW. I don't see a way around this. Keep a list on the side somewhere that explains the keys.
Most can be solved by programmable mouse and keyboard. Map shift to space and middle mouse button to quick shift
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

knott wrote:Most can be solved by programmable mouse and keyboard. Map shift to space and middle mouse button to quick shift
Ok so I map Shift to Space. Now I can hold breath with Space in CotW.
1. I could have done this by just using the in-game keyboard mapping feature. No programmable anything required.
2. My problem is not solved, because CotW features jumping, at that is just perfectly fine on Space. I want to keep it there. EW mapped it to Space because most games have jumping on Space. They adjusted their keys to the mainstream.

Also no programmable device nor the in-game mapping will resolve the three keys required to change stance in CotW, while I only need two keys in Classic. It is not a mapping issue is what I am trying to say, the games work differently.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”