Error D3D device lost ... ah well !

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Error D3D device lost ... ah well !

Post by ronMctube »

simple logic. game update worked on nvidia. statement saying amd issue . it was a amd issue. the statement said so. i said i hope its resolved soon. i linked to the statement made saying its a amd issue. we messed up how can you guess ? it worked on nvidia. by that simple logic and amd crashes. work it out ! its amd issue. its nothing fanboy . i probably have more amd cards cpus that you have times ten. im not biased to anyone or affilated to anyone or any company. it was a amd issue.

from the statement " We’ve been sifting through your comments both in the forum and on our social channels and our highest priority at the moment is to fix the issues with game crashes related to AMD graphics cards. We will keep you continuously updated on our progress! "

dont be one of the negative forum people. its there in black and white. it was a AMD issue. there is no need to respond. it adds nothing new. other than debate what is already known and communicated. it was a AMD issue.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

It is resolved since my post, Ron.
EW fixed it before AMD's update.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:i play with the guy who runs amd. ;)
The guy that runs AMD is a woman, Dr. Lisa Su :?

And I think the correct way to categorise the problem, is that it was an issue with the game which only occurred on AMD graphics cards. It wasn't AMD's issue to fix. It was EW's issue which affect AMD graphics cards. So it really wasn't an AMD issue. It was a Call of the Wild issue.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well used to run amd sorry for the bad info . roy taylor stick boot in for him being former head of amd . the forums do provide comedy moments. so pedantic in everyway at any given moment . never ceases to amaze. glad the amd issue is sorted . ;)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

I'm not sure why you're taking my comment so personally Ron. I certainly wasn't sticking the boot in. It makes no difference to me who is heading up AMD. I was just pointing out a fact. I happened to know that the head of AMD was female and your comment made me check. No humour or boot-sticking intended.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

take nothing personally its the internet it means nothing personally. i just tried to help the guy linked to the status report saying was a amd issue as usual the spiral decends into just obsurdity. all i wanted was the guys issue to be sorted notify him of the team was aware of the amd issue. yet you pick out that the head person i mentioned is not roy but lisa . not about the issue more to do with what i posted. it amuses me tbh. how pedantic people are on here to debate about anything but the issue at hand. all i was trying to demonstrate which was yet again from a pedantic comment from a guess is im a nvidia fanboy when i have amd ryzen systems and amd cards.

brands mean nothing to me i just pick and buy what i want. i have no loyalty to any brand. so just guess work from people based off nonsense.

please dont reply again its been solved its a waste of all our times to even respond . actually hurts my brain to reply.

people harping on about a issue which was amd related say it wasnt yet it was. just forget it.

never judge a persons post as to how they are. you are just guessing.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

You can't just post your comments then ask people not to respond Ron, you know that's not how it works. You got to express your opinion, I get to respond because I disagree with it ;)

I picked up on what you said because I happened to read an article in the last few weeks, so it was fresh in my mind that the head of AMD was Lisa Su. Your comment prompted me to look again, to see if I had mistaken. I was simply pointing out a fact. I probably wouldn't have done it if you hadn't dropped your comment the way you did, which I viewed as a desperate bid to lend gravity to your opinion. So you're right, I absolutely picked up on what you said. Not just because it was factually incorrect, but because your comment was somewhat typical of your strategy when it comes to ending debates.
ronMctube wrote:the devs released a statement saying it was a amd based crash. i linked the statement saying same stating its amd based . what more can i do. these forums sometimes.yet you reply with fanboy statement based on what ? a guess ? i play with the guy who runs amd. ;)
You see how you just dropped that part in at the end? How does you playing with the ex-CEO of AMD strengthen your argument? This whole thread was about a bug in an Expansive Worlds game, and it had nothing to do with AMD. It was not an AMD issue that AMD could sort. It was a bug in Call of the Wild that affected players using AMD cards.
ronMctube wrote:never judge a persons post as to how they are. you are just guessing.
All we can do is judge people on what they write, and make an educated guess. I've read enough of your posts over the years to form my opinion. You can call it a guess. I will call it intuition.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

intuition is not always correct . rather than bleat on. the issue is fixed. have a happy christmas .

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”