Error D3D device lost ... ah well !

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
D3AKUs
Hunter

Error D3D device lost ... ah well !

Post by D3AKUs »

So i see a lot of other people getting this ... Man, after Medved Taiga, which i loved, there wasnt a single dlc release that worked properly for me without any major problems... and even before that vanilla game had tons of issues.

I upgraded my gpu from a 1050ti to the new rx590 8gb last week.Bought the Sapphire Nitro+ cause it got a lot of very good reviews. Tested a lot of games my 1050ti was just not able to handle well anymore.
So i wanted to give CotW another go cause its just one of the most beautiful games of the last years... but i cant play more then 5 minutes without a crash to desktop and this error popping up. Every other game i tested runs smooth as butter and works well.
People seem to have found a "fix" by downclocking their cards... what to say ... why would i buy an over clocked card to downclock it cause the devs couldnt fix a major issue like this , which should have been obvious if they tested their ******* dlc patch properly before release ?

At this point i will stop caring for this product, its a trash can on fire.

I got angry so often that after now i wont care anymore in the future.

Seems like its a common thing in this company to ignore major flaws and bugs in their products.
Even Fallout 76 didnt have nearly the amount of game breaking poopoo for me that i have encountered in CotW since its release and the fun part is that people treat Fallout 76 like dirt because its "so unplayable". Have 60 hours in there and never have i encountered something as terrible as this.

Enjoy your holidays everyone, nice christmas.
Grinch over
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Error D3D device lost ... ah well !

Post by ronMctube »

its a amd issue. the team have already spoken about this across social media. hopefully AMD release a better driver soon.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

ronMctube wrote:its a amd issue. the team have already spoken about this across social media. hopefully AMD release a better driver soon.
Or companies should stop getting bribed by nvidia to use their poopoo frame,hairwork or gamework technologies in their game engines to itentionally cripple the competition even tho those garbage tecs even cripple the performance of their own cards in the end :lol:
And i have also seen loads of people getting it on nvidia cards btw, even up to 1080ti or better so i cant take "blame it on amd" serious sorry. Its lazy development.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

all i can say is the team said they are lookng into the AMD people crashing issue. it is AMD related. they have said this. so its not lazy development. well atleast from theHunter team. ;)

statement https://steamcommunity.com/games/518790 ... 6842923362

hope you get your issue sorted soon. nothing worse than when you have issues which you cant solve yourself. especially when you want to play.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

ronMctube wrote:all i can say is the team said they are lookng into the AMD people crashing issue. it is AMD related. they have said this. so its not lazy development. well atleast from theHunter team. ;)
They just made a poopoo excuse for absolutely oblivious development releasing trash for money that should haven been proper tested in the first place.They screwed over a big bunch of their player base. And now they come up with this absolutely laughable beta band aid over the weekend that should have been done in the first place after all the flaws they put into their product with every addition ? Cant be that blind mate. They spit into their customers faces. The dlc arent expensive and i am not angry over the few bucks.

It IS lazy development and it IS coming from their team. And it IS a ******* shame people even try to defend this. Like i said theres a huge amount of nvidia users with the same problem even in the comments to their update now. So its likely a bigger problem but they try to slip their way out and make themself look even more ridiculous.

Trashcan on fire nothing more. U can put those Humpa Lumpas on a shelve with Funcom,Bethesda,Electronic Arts and Ubisoft now. I still like bethesda tho ... they are a living meme at this point.

I am not mad at you btw i still like u and watched a lot of your stuff today :lol: but mate - take the blinds off. You are lucky this bug doesnt affect u and i am happy for u but its ridiculous that developers these days pull off poopoo like that and think they can get away with it by making sad excuses and trying to cover it up.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

how can a game cater for a amd driver issue ? its a amd issue. that effects call of the wild. your getting mad at the wrong people. amd are the issue. hopefully they release better drivers. as said before hope it gets sorted soon.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

How about that, Ron, you nVidia fanboy?
15mb patch today, absolutely zero crashes with no driver update from AMD.
Spoiler:
gr1zzly1
Tracker

Post by gr1zzly1 »

Just downloaded the latest AMD patch. No crash.
Driver patch dated 12-19.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

BuiuRei wrote:How about that, Ron, you nVidia fanboy?
15mb patch today, absolutely zero crashes with no driver update from AMD.
fanboy ? i have both intel amd nvida pcs. :?

the devs released a statement saying it was a amd based crash. i linked the statement saying same stating its amd based . what more can i do. these forums sometimes.yet you reply with fanboy statement based on what ? a guess ? i play with the guy who runs amd. ;)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Amd based as in 'we messed up the amd implementation'.
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”