COTW - Is the game mor enjoyable/playable now?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
kahuamp
Scout

COTW - Is the game mor enjoyable/playable now?

Post by kahuamp »

I remember trying out COTW at a friend's house after it came out.

It wasn't the plethora of bugs that kept me out from playing, but rather the insane amount of animals.....all over the place, every step I took, calling, grunting, mooing....I felt I was playing some cheap hunting game made for smartphones.

How much of that has actually changed.....is there more a challenge in finding an animal now, like in Classic? or is it still an arcadey mess?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: COTW - Is the game mor enjoyable/playable now?

Post by BuiuRei »

Since when it is a challenge to find an animal in Classic?
Spoiler:
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

BuiuRei wrote:Since when it is a challenge to find an animal in Classic?
By challenge, I mean walking for a few minutes without hearing or encountering 3 or 4 deer at once....or shooting at an animal and not finding/hearing dozen others right around the corner, as if they were deaf....etc
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

kahuamp wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Since when it is a challenge to find an animal in Classic?
By challenge, I mean walking for a few minutes without hearing or encountering 3 or 4 deer at once....or shooting at an animal and not finding/hearing dozen others right around the corner, as if they were deaf....etc
Well, I can't say I have played CotW since its launch, but I have played it for about 200h since precisely one year ago, and although animal AI is totally distinct from Classic, I wouldn't say it is quite like you describe it here.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ive got about 150hrs in CoTW & while a decidedly different experience than classic I do enjoy it.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you can do just as easy in classic now as you can in call of the wild. i always found the arguement that cotw is more arcadey yet its easier to kill more animals quicker in classic. i prefer classic but call of the wild is a pretty good game. bugs are in all games. its just whether you find the amount of bugs acceptable or not. take reddead2. absolute crap ton of hilarious bugs.some game breaking.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Initially there were too many calls indeed, now it is too few. In Classic you have a call every few minutes, in CotW you can have longer periods with nothing. You can run and trigger warning calls though which you cannot do in Classic.

My problem with CotW is once you have completed the missions, there is no motivation to go back and find the same set of antlers for the 200th time.

Just saw a post from a Youtuber saying that his Facebook community for CotW now only talks about RDR2 and bashes CotW for the many bugs and oversights.

I watched somebody hunting ducks and thought they shot sand bags from the sky. Very weird stuff. Also they hyped Africa only to put in non-trophy animals. I skipped these DLCs and still hate the fact I bought the goose DLC, expecting waterfowling to be anything like in Classic.

Play Classic.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote:
Just saw a post from a Youtuber saying that his Facebook community for CotW now only talks about RDR2 and bashes CotW for the many bugs and oversights.
To be fair that is part & parcel for most video games. The majority of gamers migrate from one game to the next newest. Games like Classic that build a lasting community around them are kinda rare.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

SoftShoe wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
To be fair that is part & parcel for most video games. The majority of gamers migrate from one game to the next newest. Games like Classic that build a lasting community around them are kinda rare.
Certainly true, yes.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

I like very much COTW. I stopped the classic, too expensively for a game engine now obsolete (If I compare with many of the other games). Even if, for me, the map Timbergold trail remains the best to thehunter (classic and COTW).

I did not like too much when there were many animals. Now it is more realistic and better. The graphics is very beautiful. However, I did not buy DLC Africa. On principle, I am rather against the publicity for a hunting which destroyed a continent animal populations. I prefer the modelling of zone of hunting of the North, where it administers and protection of the wildlife there.

I always hope they will add mountain species : bighorn, ibex in maps.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”