Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

Post by HooCairs »

EndPin wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
EndPin wrote:My attitude: If they don't include the big 5, then it's not Africa. They have polar bears in classic, so why not the big 5 in Africa.
The "Big Five" are more prestige than anything and I could be without all of them. The savanna is really beautiful and exotic enough and some nice Kudus and Antelopes would do too. Also throw the buffalo in to speed up the copy / paste and not get hung up on too many new creatures. ;)
You brought up another reason why Africa with out the big 5 will be nothing special. Although I'm ok with the buffalo, Kudus and Antelopes are just another "deer". We already have plenty of deer in the other reserves. Remember, this is not Africa, its a game and we shoot digital animals. Also the big 5 brings another kind of hunt to the game in my opinion, but as others have said "I'ts my opinion, I could be wrong but I'm sticking with it."
Oh I would love to see the big five, don't get me wrong. Just think a savanna reserve should not be hindered by our over-expectations. However meanwhile I believe they would be able to release the big five actually along the reserve.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

HooCairs wrote: However meanwhile I believe they would be able to release the big five actually along the reserve.
EXACTLY! It adds to it. SOmeone comes across TheHunter for the first time and see's "COTW Africa" what's the first thing to comes to mind with your average outdoorsman or casual deer/small game hunter? It's kind of a given what some of those expectations are - so they go looking into it only to find out it's filled with all these animals they've possibly never heard of? - disappointment and lost revenue.
But market the concept properly with a positive-environmentally responsible mission statement and I think you have a winner, I've always thought this. It will work when applied and intentions expressed in the proper light. We will always have a situation where 90 of 100 have no issue but the 10 who do, and would never have mattered in the first place, they're the ones who will get the attention- When someone would take those 10 who would get the attention and base a decision on them is a perfect example if inherent ignorance.
I've put a lot of thought into this whole Africa thing all along in "how do you do this without offending people" and how might it work- There's some creative opportunities here for monetization of a concept that TH base could really fall for, I really truly have always believed this. The biggest problem has been, it's never been on the table for discussion.....until now :o :D

Pandora's box is now open, there's no going back.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

ronMctube wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_UOxT1ebY

whats your thoughts on this ? maybe this means we may see africa for classic next....
it would be a dream come true :D :D :D , they might just surprise us on the 10th birthday(fingers crossed)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Well, a good rule of business is to supply what the market demands, it's well known that this has been #1 forever so much show they quit putting it in polls because it's always #1 which took us to the point of "OK, what's your second wish because #1 isn't happening" .... But now, here we are :D ` only a matter of time and like Ron said, and I've kind of thought it as well, it could be the sunset for Classic but I hope I'm so wrong just the hint of that is considered spic ridiculousness in the any sense of the premonition.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Actually, this year we haven't got any new reserve, there is still plenty of time and is a possibility that they release a new one before the year end, so maybe this time is the a Africa reserve, now other thing is that it include the big five, or even some of them.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

ronMctube wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_UOxT1ebY

whats your thoughts on this ? maybe this means we may see africa for classic next....

do you know when it is to be released ?????

oh, and what the price will be.....??
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

AROUND A MONTH...…...7.99
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Nice to see.

Sure is a lot of animals you would like to see pumped into the reserve. Lions could really be a threat to the player and add to the atmosphere with their chanting and could cause some nice interaction with the other wildlife and make short work of the poacher. Sidestriped jackals we get because the AI is ready already from the coyotes and foxes? I don´t believe it´s on the top 10 list of predators in africa I would think of.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:AROUND A MONTH...…...7.99

thanks pappy, :P
chuck

side note:..i guess i'll have to go to walmart and buy another steam card,...i'm about $3.00 short... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

The landscapes seem to be very beautiful. Also, I am satisfied by the choice of the species which do not add of endangered animals. Wait and see.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”