Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

Post by ronMctube »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_UOxT1ebY

whats your thoughts on this ? maybe this means we may see africa for classic next....
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

Post by mapache01 »

Woow long time no hunt on COTW, hope we see this soon on Classic
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

This is amazing news! Been wanting Africa for a loooong time :D. I mostly play COTW on my XBOX One X so I hope it gets released for console at the same time as Steam. Africa for Classic will definitely get my butt back in the chair.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I think they know COTW is not going to be a MAJOR success in the short term, Classic earns the cash so try Africa in COTW and see how it is recieved... I would love Africa as I have seen all of the Big 5 in South Africa in 2009 in Kwandwe Reserve... amazing experiance. If it goes well in COTW then maybe we can get Cape Buffallo, Zebra, Thompson gazelle and Springbok.... hyenas for a predetor..... no-one likes hyenas :shock:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I think they know COTW is not going to be a MAJOR success in the short term, Classic earns the cash so try Africa in COTW and see how it is recieved... I would love Africa as I have seen all of the Big 5 in South Africa in 2009 in Kwandwe Reserve... amazing experiance. If it goes well in COTW then maybe we can get Cape Buffallo, Zebra, Thompson gazelle and Springbok.... hyenas for a predetor..... no-one likes hyenas :shock:
I like more Wildebeest. Gemsbok or Eland instead of Sprinbok since all ready you wrote Thompson Gazelle (similar to Springbok)/
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I think they know COTW is not going to be a MAJOR success in the short term, Classic earns the cash so try Africa in COTW and see how it is recieved... I would love Africa as I have seen all of the Big 5 in South Africa in 2009 in Kwandwe Reserve... amazing experiance. If it goes well in COTW then maybe we can get Cape Buffallo, Zebra, Thompson gazelle and Springbok.... hyenas for a predetor..... no-one likes hyenas :shock:

i wish i was as optimistic as you mate, cotw has a bigger playerbase on pc alone not to mention the console platforms and every player has had to buy the game. A wedge of the classic playerbase will be guests who contribute diddle squat. cotw is very much the EW flagship hunting game now. Not only that but its a much newer better looking game that has way more solid gameplay. i highly doubt that its getting used as a sounding board for classic. Its been requested since time began on the forums i dont think it needs checking if it would be received well.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well the arguement for africa and classic has mainly been because people wanted high percentage the big 5. well with the main not in this africa may happen on classic.may not.we will have to see.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Maybe ill get another 5-10 Hours fun out of CotW when this goes live , like i did with Medved Taiga.
Still dont think Classic will ever get Africa, releasing it for CotW is just showing the Company wants to push that Game even more into the Spotlight . I am sure a lot of Classic players that wait for Africa will give that one a try. This is something i think a lot of people interested in hunting games waited for - especially being delivered in the graphical Quality CotW offers.Those people will buy the game ( if they dont own it ) and DLC like crazy. The Player numbers on steam will see a huge high when that one goes live - 100% sure.

I saw CotW has Waterfowl too now. ( Has anyone tryed the Goose ? Fun ? ) Only a matter of time until most of the Features that differ between Classic and CotW will be added there, . With its modern graphics and more streamlined Gameplay its way more appealing to the masses i guess. Let alone the insane potential the console market offers for a company with a game that has Zero to NO competition. I have a few friends i always tryed to get into Classic and they never gave it a chance, mostly saying its outdated and boring and no fun … - funny tho cause all of them own CotW and have dumped a fair share of hours into it.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

This is encouraging from the standpoint of principal because from what I've always gathered it was a political correctness decision so with this there's been a change in ideology. I recall someone quoting Pim as saying "There will never be an African reserve" I have no idea if this actually happened or was a rumor. At the time I felt the information to be valid from the sources, but that was a long time ago.

LM, you are right as for myself as a THC player- I bought COTW of course, keep it updated but not sure I've even put 2 hours into it- Someday I imagine it will be forced upon me when THC dies but until then I'm good- It's just so similar a gameplay that reminds me of games from 20plus years ago the way it flows (or maybe 30 years- Sega Genesis will be 30 next year). THC is like nothing from my past gaming life, and that's what keeps me interested today as much as I've ever been. But I freely admit, I really have no idea what to do in COTW when the game starts because they are so different in every way possible beyond "go shoot animal"

This is certainly encouraging! As for the Big5 - In Africa, the big five game animals are the lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, and Cape buffalo. THat's such a narrow view of what there is to hunt in that environment it's a shame it has such a stigma attached to an entire continent of possibilities. I always thought that position to be weak.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

I knew it :mrgreen:
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”