Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
pastuh
Scout

Re: Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

Post by pastuh »

Looks good :) Expected.
Animals listed:
- Blue Wildebeest
- Cape Buffalo
- Lesser Kudu
- Scrub Hare
- Side-striped Jackal
- Springbok
- Warthog

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Radamus wrote:This is encouraging from the standpoint of principal because from what I've always gathered it was a political correctness decision so with this there's been a change in ideology.
That's what I thought too! What other excuse can they have now?
Radamus wrote:I recall someone quoting Pim as saying "There will never be an African reserve" I have no idea if this actually happened or was a rumor.
In an interview Pim didn't explicitly rule out Africa, but he answered with the argument of theHunter not being a poaching simulator. I never understood that comment. They later removed the interview but the internet does not forget! ;)

Here is the article on Archive.org. Pictures missing but the interview is still there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20151101003 ... he-studios
Article wrote:Pim noted that some players wondered why there were no maps set in Africa, and it comes back to authenticity; it’s not a poaching simulator, even if taking on charging elephants sounds appealing.
The fact that he mentions elephants here could be a sign for the political motivations for not making Africa.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

We all know China strictly forbids the killing of elephants.
So this game can't have this animal for sure..
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:
Radamus wrote:This is encouraging from the standpoint of principal because from what I've always gathered it was a political correctness decision so with this there's been a change in ideology.
That's what I thought too! What other excuse can they have now?
Radamus wrote:I recall someone quoting Pim as saying "There will never be an African reserve" I have no idea if this actually happened or was a rumor.
In an interview Pim didn't explicitly rule out Africa, but he answered with the argument of theHunter not being a poaching simulator. I never understood that comment. They later removed the interview but the internet does not forget! ;)

Here is the article on Archive.org. Pictures missing but the interview is still there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20151101003 ... he-studios
Article wrote:Pim noted that some players wondered why there were no maps set in Africa, and it comes back to authenticity; it’s not a poaching simulator, even if taking on charging elephants sounds appealing.
The fact that he mentions elephants here could be a sign for the political motivations for not making Africa.

looked for that article everywhere. i remember making a thread on it and getting in very hot trouble.shortly after it was removed.from the internets. :D

really hope they do africa for classic. could be the last big huzaar before it ends.would be a great send off aswell as it is and always will be the most requested reserve in theHunter history.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ronMctube wrote:looked for that article everywhere. i remember making a thread on it and getting in very hot trouble.shortly after it was removed.from the internets. :D
I only found it through your original link. ;)
Spoiler:
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

My attitude: If they don't include the big 5, then it's not Africa. They have polar bears in classic, so why not the big 5 in Africa.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

@hoo :D

i think the big 5 debate and whatever has been done many times on here.id personally like to see em . hunt them. i do also acknoledge how much flack Avalanche would probably get from adding them though.

you never know. in the future with the release of this they may expand.add elephants and such.i guess we will just have to wait and see. ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

EndPin wrote:My attitude: If they don't include the big 5, then it's not Africa. They have polar bears in classic, so why not the big 5 in Africa.
From Wikepedia:
Wikipedia wrote: In Africa, the big five game animals are the lion, leopard, rhinoceros (both black and white species), elephant, and Cape buffalo. The term "big five game" (usually capitalized or quoted as "Big Five") was coined by big-game hunters and refers to the five most difficult animals in Africa to hunt on foot. Subsequently the term was adopted by safari tour operators for marketing purposes. The term is used in most tourist and wildlife guides that discuss African wildlife safaris. The members of the Big Five were chosen for the difficulty in hunting them and the degree of danger involved, rather than their size.
The "Big Five" are more prestige than anything and I could be without all of them. The savanna is really beautiful and exotic enough and some nice Kudus and Antelopes would do too. Also throw the buffalo in to speed up the copy / paste and not get hung up on too many new creatures. ;)
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

EndPin wrote:My attitude: If they don't include the big 5, then it's not Africa. They have polar bears in classic, so why not the big 5 in Africa.
Remember all the hubbub that went on over the preservation of this fuzzy teddy bear in the beginning? and now what has happened? No outrage, no protests, no ill effects- nothing happened besides people enjoyed hunting polar bears where they should be like every other digital fuzzball - It's a damn game :roll:

In the game I'd shoot the hell out of everything because I'm able to seperate fantasy from reality- conversely, I'm tempted to go protest when a local Circus shows up (one just set up in town yesterday) because I won't and will never support something that enslaves elephants and lions and tigers that live their lives chained up inside a cage- it literally makes me sick when they roll into town every year and I always hope they eventually go broke because I can not ever agree with this concept- I really wish they were outlawed. I feel the same way about zoo's - I just can't do it man. Went to the zoo's a lot as a kid but today, it just breaks my heart. So a game, I don't see any possible way it's connected to reality- IRL I'd be more inclined to want to have them all as a pet. It's no different than my backyard- I have 2 mom's raising their fawns here, we feed the damn things everyday- Yes, in my early life I was a hunter but today? I'd never harm a damn thing (with some exceptions - big rack? toasted venison tenderloin a coming) but slam em in a game? do it all day long.
Last edited by Radamus on August 11th, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

HooCairs wrote:
The "Big Five" are more prestige than anything and I could be without all of them. The savanna is really beautiful and exotic enough and some nice Kudus and Antelopes would do too. Also throw the buffalo in to speed up the copy / paste and not get hung up on too many new creatures. ;)
You brought up another reason why Africa with out the big 5 will be nothing special. Although I'm ok with the buffalo, Kudus and Antelopes are just another "deer". We already have plenty of deer in the other reserves. Remember, this is not Africa, its a game and we shoot digital animals. Also the big 5 brings another kind of hunt to the game in my opinion, but as others have said "I'ts my opinion, I could be wrong but I'm sticking with it."

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”