Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: Africa Call of the wild - New Reserve

Post by Ludante »

D3AKUs wrote:
Ludante wrote:Guys, one stupid question. I haven't been playing COTW lately, but is it still the same when you change the reserve in sp you loose all your progress? How does it work these days? I started Africa and I am playing all over again. What if I choose to play in another reserve?

BTW, played for couple of hours, very nice..my screen is screaming of all the graphic content stuffed in there but I will manage somehow.

U never lost all your progress after changing a reserve in singleplayer. All the reserves have their own storyline, main and subquests,outsposts and so on to explore and finish. U can change the reserve on the fly , ofc if u havent progresses in that reserve before u have to unlock trave via outposts and story missions through progression. Everything including your character tho is permanent - every piece of equipment unlocked through playing, every purchased weapon,caller and so on will always be available to u in any reserve. U can access all your equipment at every locker in every reserve. Your character progression including level ups and perks is also permanent and never bound to any reserve.
This has been the same since release.
I was last playing Medved Taiga and when I wanted to try Hirschfelden it prompted Are you sure your wanna leave the game, if you do so all the progress will be lost? And when I clicked yes I started the Hirschfelden all over again.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Ludante wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:
Ludante wrote:Guys, one stupid question. I haven't been playing COTW lately, but is it still the same when you change the reserve in sp you loose all your progress? How does it work these days? I started Africa and I am playing all over again. What if I choose to play in another reserve?

BTW, played for couple of hours, very nice..my screen is screaming of all the graphic content stuffed in there but I will manage somehow.

U never lost all your progress after changing a reserve in singleplayer. All the reserves have their own storyline, main and subquests,outsposts and so on to explore and finish. U can change the reserve on the fly , ofc if u havent progresses in that reserve before u have to unlock trave via outposts and story missions through progression. Everything including your character tho is permanent - every piece of equipment unlocked through playing, every purchased weapon,caller and so on will always be available to u in any reserve. U can access all your equipment at every locker in every reserve. Your character progression including level ups and perks is also permanent and never bound to any reserve.
I was last playing Medved Taiga and when I wanted to try Hirschfelden it prompted Are you sure your wanna leave the game, if you do so all the progress will be lost? And when I clicked yes I started the Hirschfelden all over again.
Dumb question but did you start a "New Game" from the main menu? Or did you change reserves using the map "change reserve" selector while in game?
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Mills wrote:
Ludante wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:

Dumb question but did you start a "New Game" from the main menu? Or did you change reserves using the map "change reserve" selector while in game?
When I try to play single player there is option New Game or Continue (which is the same reserve).

If I choose MP it is different. But with SP only option to stay in current progress in the same reserve or continue another reserve from the beginning. Maybe I am missing something.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

You dont need to start over if you want to switch maps. To switch go to the map screen & at the bottom you will see a button cleverly called "change map". Click on it & you can select what you want & carry all gear, money & experience with you. If you start a new game you lose everything.

Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

SoftShoe wrote:
You dont need to start over if you want to switch maps. To switch go to the map screen & at the bottom you will see a button cleverly called "change map". Click on it & you can select what you want & carry all gear, money & experience with you. If you start a new game you lose everything.
Thanks, I will try that.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yes don´t start a new game :p. I don´t know if they keep old saves somewhere and you could restore it by deleting the new game save file?

I have the worst cold so been at home and put some hours in with a massive headache. Good you can disable heat haze.
This reserve is very hard to hunt in. 2 meter tall grass I had a springbok walking what sounded like 1 meter ahead of me and I couldn´t spot him! When I got out of the grass no trace. To spot them you often have to be outside the grass rendering range. I spotted one from 450 meters sleeping. Decided to go all in crouched to him in lowest speed. But he was gone and there was no tracks of him either. Ghost Springbok.

There is very little wildlife overall it seems to be a hardcore reserve.
I haven´t even progressed through the springbok 100 % integrity missions but cleared all questionmarks at Vuxa. .243 I hope will do the job got 0 % with .270.

Map is great. Animal choices could be better though. It will take half an eternity to afford that nitro express. Wish you could sell items :)

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”