You can't change maps in Call of the Wild???

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

You can't change maps in Call of the Wild???

Post by xAncalagonx »

I started on COTW on Hirschfelden map long before Medved map was added, and before rabbits were added.

Now I want to try the snowy map and to hunt rabbits... but I can't change maps???????????????????????

All I get is New Game and Continue.

Continue = back to Hirschfelden.
New game (based on threads I read) means COMPLETELY WIPING ALL PROGRESS on my profile / hunter and starting from scratch.

Is there truly no way to play the other maps without having to NUKE YOUR PROFILE?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: You can't change maps in Call of the Wild???

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You can change the reserve from within the game, I think you need to go to the map and find the option somewhere in the lower left or lower right corner. I haven't played CotW for a while, but I'm sure one of the regulars can tell you where to look exactly. Or you search around the menus yourself - it's definitely possible!
Image Image Image
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

You go to map, then there's an option to switch reserve, I can't remember if is H or Y, you can switch map whithout exiting to desktop or main menu.
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Oh, found it. Have to open map, then press H. It was a tiny message at bottom of the screen.

-_- I was worried I had been wasting time on Hirschfelden by being locked there.

They need to make that "Change Map" thing an actual menu item or something so it's more clearly visible. Right now it's really hidden away.

Anyways, thanks for guiding me in the right direction.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yep, COTW is a little short on instructional information............................ :( .......
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”