Who has some scenic shots?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Levado
Scout

Re: Who has some scenic shots?

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm not talking about sandbox games, Levado. Believe me, I can spend hours and hours creating my own theme park in Planet Coaster.
You make the mistake to think that a sandbox game is only a game in which you can build things. Far Cry 5, GTA V, AC Origins, Just Cause 3, they're all considered sandbox games, because they give you to freedom to go anywhere you want and time your own steps, unlike linear gameplay. As for Planet Coaster, I've often been thinking about buying it, but it seems that frame rates drop substantially the bigger your park gets, what is you experience with that, is it possible to play with 60fps on a modern computer with a fast CPU/GPU and still achieve 60fps with a medium sized park?
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Levado wrote:You make the mistake to think that a sandbox game is only a game in which you can build things. Far Cry 5, GTA V, AC Origins, Just Cause 3, they're all considered sandbox games, because they give you to freedom to go anywhere you want and time your own steps, unlike linear gameplay.
I always saw a difference between sandbox games and open world games - but thinking about it, it's probably the same principle in two different genres - a lot of personal freedom within a very broad set of rules, be it building something, leveling your in-game character the way you want or defeating the enemy with different strategies.
Don't get me wrong: I know it's about personal taste and there's nothing bad about great looking shooters if you love them. It's just that my impression is that at least 80% of all new AAA titles are shooters or role-playing games with a heavy emphasis on fighting. Obviously this is what the market wants and what you can earn money with as a game developer. For me a lot of them look the same (gameplay wise), but that's probably just because I'm not the biggest fan of those genres and can't recognize and appreciate the differences and new ideas that are offered.
Levado wrote:As for Planet Coaster, I've often been thinking about buying it, but it seems that frame rates drop substantially the bigger your park gets, what is you experience with that, is it possible to play with 60fps on a modern computer with a fast CPU/GPU and still achieve 60fps with a medium sized park?
I have a medium performance rig at best and so far I've been able to play it on highest settings smoothly. The thing is that the very ambitious and well known content creaters often use lots of assets (instead of the premade ones which are already plenty) to make their creations super individual. If you do this - use several 1000s of small items just to create something like a building or a prop - you might have your frame rate drop at some point if your park gets really big. In my opinion you can be very creative in this game without bringing it to its limits, but of course that depends on you play style.
What you absolutely have to be aware of before buying the game is that the business simulation aspect of this game is not good. It's rather simple and easy, so the emphasis (in my opinion) is clearly on the sandbox aspect. I enjoy it a lot! :)
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I have Far Cry 5 on the PlayStation 4, it’s an awesome game, great in all ways. Have been a fan of the Far Cry series since FC2, and tho it seems to not get as much recognition for some reason but Far Cry Primal was also amazing. Far Cry 5’s visuals are stunning, on both PlayStation and PC. Flying a plane or a chopper and just taking in the scenery is awesome.
One game that is probably the best I’ve seen in terms of scenery and immersiveness is one that PC players probably won’t get to experience still for quite some time, if ever, and that is the excellent Horizon Zero Dawn. Everything about that game is simply beautiful, from the animations, to the environments, the fluid combat, even the controls just feel so fluid and natural. If you own a PS4, believe me this is a game you absolutely need. I have screenshots on my PS4, but have not uploaded them to any pic sharing site yet. I can maybe do later after work. But I’ll leave this video that shows some of the small details in the game.

https://youtu.be/HfnP7ARaJy0
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I have a medium performance rig at best and so far I've been able to play it on highest settings smoothly. The thing is that the very ambitious and well known content creaters often use lots of assets (instead of the premade ones which are already plenty) to make their creations super individual. If you do this - use several 1000s of small items just to create something like a building or a prop - you might have your frame rate drop at some point if your park gets really big. In my opinion you can be very creative in this game without bringing it to its limits, but of course that depends on you play style.
What you absolutely have to be aware of before buying the game is that the business simulation aspect of this game is not good. It's rather simple and easy, so the emphasis (in my opinion) is clearly on the sandbox aspect. I enjoy it a lot!
I'm thinking about buying it once it's on sale and then try get get a save file with a medium sized park that is using no third party assets to see how well it runs and if the results don't please me, then I could always get a refund. As for the business simulation part, that doesn't bother me too much. Thanks! :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

been doing some exploring ....

I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyti2kx49c1h0 ... l.jpg?dl=0

Managed to get this photo on a running jackal :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

side striped jackel

ImageImage
CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

ronMctube wrote:side striped jackel

ImageImage
Awesome shot Ron!!!!
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”