COTW Comment

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: COTW Comment

Post by DonderDeer »

Compared to COTW I find Classic gameplay drab, dull, and predictable. It's all just rinse and repeat.
homk
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Using the COTW engine in the classic might seem like a great Idea, but from my experience with COTW I would no longer be able to play the hunter because my Computer just cant hack it.

While I have 1.5 gigs of Vid card capability ( more than stated Min for COTW) and can run high settings at 50 to 60FPS on the hunter, but even with all settings on the bottom end, I cant get more than 20 FPS on COTW.
Could be that your computer is outdated for normal games or? Even on a GTX460 1GB which was released in 2010 runs classic smooth with 40-60fps (without nvi-tweaks!).
DHRifleman wrote:It does lay the groundwork that in the future when classic is no longer viable they could easily adapt CotW to a classic type version, and then have classic 2, while still keeping CotW and it's gameplay.

All most of us want is what we have in classic, with the graphics and view distance of CotW. Fortunately there are still enough that can't run CotW, or don't like the gameplay of it, that classic still have player interested in it. Let it stay that way for a few more years and then launch classic to with all animals and weapon CotW has at the time, with the classic gameplay.
Nah, in a few more years the cotw-engine is absolute outdated like now the classic-engine. "Classic 2" should use a top actual engine, with the option to lower the graphics for old gaming-pcs of the last 1-3 years.

----------------------

Even a normal player -not a gamer- should know that there is a point at which installed hardware needs to be upgraded. Cant understand why many players think that a pc bought 2+ years ago should be capable to run actual games on medium+ settings, or that a game which is constant developed over YEARS should have the same hardware-reqs like at the time the game was first released.

If i really wanna play a game, its mostly my part to ensure that my pc-hardware can run it.
Now offline. Forever.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

\m/ wrote:Nah, in a few more years the cotw-engine is absolute outdated like now the classic-engine.
While this is true, I think a lot more classic players would be able to make the switch, and would if it wasn't started with one reserve and a few animals again.
Remember most players of this type of game do not have state of the art computers and never will. They buy PC's that are in the $600 to $1000 range off the shelf. Hard core gamers always have more power than they need, but I don't think that is the majority of classic's player base.

If it was me, I would set it up that in 1.5 to 2 years from now an announcement for classic 2 on the new CotW engine was to be released with a few reserves, and several weapons and animals. Also announce at that time the current classic will run for another year with new additions. It would make a smoot transition of the players from classic to classic 2, and would also pull back in some of the CotW players.

I also think classic 2 should retain the same basic business model since it is the most customizable for the players. The only thing I might change would be a small nominal fee to open up new reserves.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Early announcement of classic2 with rly correct info about needed pc-specs for smooth gameplay at medium settings, and players with very old pcs could plan to upgrade ..would be fair for all i think. Actual business-model is ok for me.

I understand that some hunters can only afford x years old systems, but do these hunters also understand that there are hunters out there which are waiting for years for a updated engine? I think no. It seems many hunters using their pcs “a few years“ ;-p
Now offline. Forever.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yes please don´t increase rendering distance, Don´t include better ultrawide support. Don´t improve the animal animations. Don´t improve anything keep Classic as it is!

Jeff what is it you feel The Hunter classic simulates better? Or is it rather features like TruRacs you miss?
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

knott wrote:Yes please don´t increase rendering distance, Don´t include better ultrawide support. Don´t improve the animal animations. Don´t improve anything keep Classic as it is!

Jeff what is it you feel The Hunter classic simulates better? Or is it rather features like TruRacs you miss?
I guess overall I prefer Classic for it's:

Tracking model.
Diversity of firearms and Bows and for the most part their actuation.
Ethical rules(Most of them).
Statistics.
Hunter Score (Believe it or not).
TruRacks to be sure.
Thanks, ~Jeff

rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Of all the things that they have in COTW, I don't understand why they would not have the HeadTurn "X" option.. I use that all the time while walking in Classic, it is a must have in my view..

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
UNDGND16

Post by UNDGND16 »

I am all for the COTW's environment and graphic engine, I don't think it looks too anime or arcadish, I would much rather be in that kind of environment whilst playing classic.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

\m/ wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Maybe eventually classic can become classic 2 with the new engine. If it happens I am sure we would all be starting from scratch again though.
Would be ok for me to start from scratch, even if i would need to buy complete equip again. Classic with a updated COTW-engine - near perfect for me.
Yea... I'd be fine with starting over with a fresh new hunter in a new classic version with the CotW engine! I'd buy it for sure! 8-)
CatchU
Tracker

Re: RE: Re: COTW Comment

Post by CatchU »

jeff1963 wrote:
I guess overall I prefer Classic for it's:

Tracking model.
Diversity of firearms and Bows and for the most part their actuation.
Ethical rules(Most of them).
Statistics.
Hunter Score (Believe it or not).
TruRacks to be sure.
Oh yes! That's the things I also miss a lot in COTW.

It is also so annoying that you can not even look at the antlers after a hunt or have a hunting sheet like in classic with some stats of the animal.

COTW feels very arcadish because of this missing things.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H525n mit Tapatalk

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”