The Hunter CotW still Alpha

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: The Hunter CotW still Alpha

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Eggenberg wrote:Hand on heart, I've not had a single crash/freeze. The only issues I've experienced are pathfinding/stuck animal bugs (still had them in THC last time I played it), the jackrabbit caller loop-de-loop (easy fixed my end - blow it and change equipment), the almighty slowdown when picking up multiple tracks from a flesh wounded animal (slowwwwwww - hopefully a relatively easy fix dev-side) and my tritium sights not consistently showing on my .357.

Other than those small potatos I love it. Roll on Tru-Racks implementation ;)

p.s. Someone (somewhere) mentioned a forum ouside of the Steam meat-grinder? Yes, absolutely yes, however I dunno if that's a contractual thing that Valve won't allow but it's much needed: Steam forums are a mess as well as being a bear-pit for buffoons.
I agree! Some game design decisions might be debatable and people might miss some features (e. g. TruRACS as you mentioned), but after the latest patches I don't see how it's "not ready for release" to be honest. Yes, there are small bugs, but I have yet to see something game-breaking or something out of the ordinary compared to other modern PC games. It's different than tH:Classic for sure, but that's how it was advertised!
Image Image Image
shiwaz

Post by shiwaz »

Impressive work with this stickied list by Valkenswaard which gives an impression of what COTW players are experiencing:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/di ... 156/?ctp=6

Edit: Reading through these, I wouldnt call them design choices or small. No game is bug free, but... just wow!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree that the list is impressive in a negative way, but on the other hand I still think most of these bugs aren't critical. But of course it always depends on personal expectations and opinions and what's a small bug for me might be an immersion breaker for another player - no doubt about that.

All in all I enjoy playing this game and it was worth 30 bucks for me, even in its current state. Of course I'd love those bugs to be fixed though.
Image Image Image
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

BucksNBuffalo wrote: I'm more surprised and happy to see a post from the one and only King of the Egg Heads, the mighty Eggenberg!!! Holy hell man, what's up? How you doin?
I'm good BnB, hope you & yours are the same?

Aye, been a while - RL stuff, RL shooting, other games, you know the drill.
Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I agree that the list is impressive in a negative way, but on the other hand I still think most of these bugs aren't critical. But of course it always depends on personal expectations and opinions and what's a small bug for me might be an immersion breaker for another player - no doubt about that.

All in all I enjoy playing this game and it was worth 30 bucks for me, even in its current state. Of course I'd love those bugs to be fixed though.
LOL. Most of the bugs may not be critical. What is critical, for me and many others, is the failure of the game to even launch.

It may be that my specs are not good enough so I am finally going to upgrade the mobo/apu and see what happens
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

apu? Move to a proper GPU :)
Doctor_Schuh
Spotter

Post by Doctor_Schuh »

Patch 1.3

Exit to Main Menu
Our intention was to bring an “Exit to Main Menu” option to the game with today’s patch but it is unfortunately not ready yet. We are aware that this feature is requested, we just need a bit more time to guarantee that it works flawlessly.

....sorry for laughing

btw...i would mentioned how much improvement and joy the patch brought to us...*irony off*

Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

knott wrote:apu? Move to a proper GPU :)
GPU; General Purpose Utility! APU; Advanced Professional Utility! :D
My cpu & gpu are dinosaurs, as I don't play many games it was more cost effective to go the APU route!
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

Tanngnjostr wrote:

you are the first person i have seen not have a problem with the price and state of the game as it was at release as well as in current state. something tells me that has to do with your moderator status on the forum and that having a major impact on your perception of a game that OBVIOUSLY was not ready for release.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

insub wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:

you are the first person i have seen not have a problem with the price and state of the game as it was at release as well as in current state. something tells me that has to do with your moderator status on the forum and that having a major impact on your perception of a game that OBVIOUSLY was not ready for release.

I don't have a problem with it either. Sure, there's a lot of stuff I'd like added and fixed, but I've definitely gotten much more than $30 of enjoyment out of the game.
homk

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”