How are animals rated in COTW?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

How are animals rated in COTW?

Post by knott »

Since the end game seem to be harvest an animal with GOLD rating for every specie it would be interesting what is the factors playing in? I have not figured out if bonuses is important or if the level matters. Level 7 is the highest I spotted so far. I have had minors getting gold rated without the bonuses and heart shots that give no rating so how is the scoring implemented?
larssc
Team Hunter

Re: How are animals rated in COTW?

Post by larssc »

The values for quick hit, integrity, and consecutive harvests have to be high (100% ?). Plus the trophy score is added in. I don't know if level matters other than affecting the trophy score.
I only have two golds, so just a uneducated guess.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Also have two golds. So the trophy rating is separate it´s not that the highest trophys are also the highest levels?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

I have 8. last is bear shot by bow. but all of them are random, I shot them and received gold rating. I agree with You guys, this should be explained properly, which factors contribute to the rating.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Larssc may be right I got 4 yesterday. I didn´t notice trophy is separate from difficulty so difficulty probably have a minor part but trophy of higher importance? But important to get the bonuses afterall
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

another factor which may affect the score is weight. at least IMO. I shot gold Wt, .270, trophy integrity was 100% and time 75%. but BT has trophy integrity 0. and smaller WT as well.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Working on a spreadsheet if ya'all want to post scoresheets for animals. Requirement for making the cut is having 100% in all three bonuses, and obviously must be an animal which scores (example: female wild boar count, female blacktail deer do not).

Not sure if the data will get anywhere but it's worth a shot. /shrugs
homk

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”