Which rifle to go for?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

Which rifle to go for?

Post by knott »

Now that some rampant players may have unlocked and purchased them all which is the best to save up for?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Which rifle to go for?

Post by HooCairs »

I haven't unlocked much but there isn't much to unlock either. I looked at the numbers for each weapon and they tell you pretty much nothing. Also the weapon and ammo descriptions don't really tell what game or situations they are good for. I will try to unlock the -45-70, just need another 50 or so rifle kills. Ideally I would play with the .45-70 for everything larger, the .270 for the smaller game, and the bow for close shots.

Money is not the problem by the way. I have 40'000 even after buying the .270. Unlocking is the challenge. Once the .45-70 is unlocked I am sure to be a rich man, because I haven't seen much else I want to spend money on, mostly because the store descriptions tell you nothing about why you should buy these items. Maybe real hunters can better guess what would be beneficial to buy, but it will be just that, a guess.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Alicatt
Tracker

Post by Alicatt »

HooCairs: you have the gillie suit, does it give any advantage over the olive drab suit?

I have unlocked all but the .338, but still need some more cash before I can buy a heavier calibre rifle.
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Now i hope tann wont ban me, but i made a small video of the 7mm and What a beast it is compared to the 270 i will hopefully have the last few done in the next week https://youtu.be/kpU4-sS7dRw
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Zaggidk wrote:Now i hope tann wont ban me, but i made a small video of the 7mm and What a beast it is compared to the 270 i will hopefully have the last few done in the next week https://youtu.be/kpU4-sS7dRw
I didn't get from your video how the first aid kit works.
Spoiler:
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

HooCairs wrote:
Zaggidk wrote:Now i hope tann wont ban me, but i made a small video of the 7mm and What a beast it is compared to the 270 i will hopefully have the last few done in the next week https://youtu.be/kpU4-sS7dRw
I didn't get from your video how the first aid kit works.
You have to use it on yourself and not like classic, have the ability to revive at the spot you die, so if you die you're to late.
But drag it to your action bar and then press whatever button you assigned it to, and shoot! Then it takes you back to full health :-)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

This means I can only heal myself as long as the bar hasn't gone all the way down. But when I fall off a tower, unless I am really fast and pull out the 1st aid kit, I will die and cannot heal myself. Maybe that's even right that way.
Spoiler:
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

HooCairs wrote:This means I can only heal myself as long as the bar hasn't gone all the way down. But when I fall off a tower, unless I am really fast and pull out the 1st aid kit, I will die and cannot heal myself. Maybe that's even right that way.
Yep - well you don't always die jumping off a tower, but if you do, then you're screwed and have to start at a cabin, you need to put a bandage on your wounds yourself! :)
Last edited by Hawkeye on February 24th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Is it true that the lower powered the rifle is the higher the rifle score? Suggesting you hit them equal amount of times?
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

I don't think so. I just got around 50 rifle score for shooting a bear with a 7mm. think it depends more on the shot placement and damage etc.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”