TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by ehr_kimahn »

hello,

For regular users to TheHunter:classic, do you find the interest to played COTW ?
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by HD_Artworks »

If I could play it, I'll buy it as soon as I can. But my PC specs is not good enough to play it.

Maybe after I bought a new PC, I'll buy it because I love it. Because of the good visuals and great animal AI and much more...
Season Stats
Spoiler:
wombatvvv
Spotter

Post by wombatvvv »

I've been playing it for about an hour. It looks great. It's very hard to aim. It's crashed a couple of times and there's been a few other small bugs I've noticed.

I don't like the people talking in your ear all the time. I prefer classic's mission system. Not yet long enough to give a proper review.

The visuals are fantastic. Meaning little things like visual distortion on the edges of the binoculars, the wind in the grass, animals flattening the vegetation ... and yes, the render distance (at last!).

As far as difficulty goes, I was really worried it would be super-arcade, but it's not that bad. It's about the same as classic. As my suggestion threads (see signature) will show, I'm a full-realism type guy. But this isn't too bad.

One thing I really don't like is you get "points" and money for shooting animals, which are then spent on equipment and skills. In other words, it encourages a slaughter-fest to "grind up quick". I think it would be better if poor shots, wounded animals, or just plain old under-sized kills actually penalized you points and money and the real trophies made up for that with extra points and money. Discourage shoot-anything-that-moves type tactics.

Couple of very odd things:

- There's no way to go back to the main menu. You start a game and then have to "quit to desktop" to start a new one.
- I shot a couple of rabbits. They seem un-harvest-able. And they don't leave tracks. Not sure what that's about. There doesn't seem to be a .22 rifle available. Maybe I'm using the wrong gun?
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I love game :) And now i plan to buy new video card.
After i finish all missions, i will turn off all hints. (or atleast some ^^)
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

It does not run at all, it wants an older version of C++ then I have installed already. Very annoying. Also not the only person who seems to have that problem.
Why does EW use older software????
Code: Select all
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

wombatvvv wrote:I think it would be better if poor shots, wounded animals, or just plain old under-sized kills actually penalized you points and money and the real trophies made up for that with extra points and money. Discourage shoot-anything-that-moves type tactics.
this good idea, I had proposed it, long ago, for TheHunter:primal. I did not like the behavior of some players in multi, who shot anything, any wich way, and abandoned the wounded animals. Far from a "attitude" of hunter. But developers have never wanted.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

So far so good. Trying to take a picture of fallow deer but struggle to get close enough. Had I the caller it would been more doable. Its more realistic then classic. Also it does punish bad shots 200 or 1200 cr is a decent span between a bad and a good shot.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

knott wrote:Trying to take a picture of fallow deer but struggle to get close enough.
camera has zoom, I did this from maybe 100m. just wait for broadside.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

the new game is full of bugs (@Stefan, send us beta testers instructions fast so we can help you out with this..). but apart from that the game is great. and i'm very confident that once the bugs will be adressed the game will be fantastic. but the steam reviews section is starting to bleed right now because of the bugs. this is sad for the company because i really think the game is great. but with the bugs right now if i didn't know the company, and the efforts the devs are putting into the game to make it a good game, i would have rated negatively too. in it's actual state it's not a final release, it's just an early access. but the game is great, and doesn't need a powerful rig. i have an i5-4460, an R9 290 4096 and 16 gigs, and i'm all on ultra except shadows on high, and i have a solid 30-40 fps. but i recommend yes, absolutely. now you really have the feeling you are in a forest

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

chewik wrote:
knott wrote:Trying to take a picture of fallow deer but struggle to get close enough.
camera has zoom, I did this from maybe 100m. just wait for broadside.
I was at full zoom at 80 meters but at wrong angle i suppose he was facing away in a 45 degrees angle

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”