TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
dannel02

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by dannel02 »

knott wrote:
dannel02 wrote:I really miss the old maps and would love to see them in the new game, like redone, it would make the game better.
But they are in the new game. It´s pretty awesome when you discover an area you recognized as it should have been rendered in the Classic.

I am hoping they will continue the trend with upcoming maps :)
Yeah but i especially miss Hemmeldal, which is not in the game right now.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Assuming the glaring bugs get fixed, the fact remains that the environment is alive now, and I love that. Grass, trees, wind all these things have impact now. For crying out loud, the wind blows and the leaves and grass and pollen go in that direction, it seems so basic but it is great.

Add Free-Look, and the ability to place a waypoint with the Binos and Rangefinder, and that would be great too.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Here's what I think after an exhausting 15 minutes of trying to understand it - I'm glad this is not what I found when I first stumbled upon THC. Of course this isn't exactly fair to base judgement on but it's like trying to learn to walk all over again as nothing is the same. My worst problem is my machine doesn't appear to be able to run it even on low settings and I thought I had decent specs but my GTX745 w/4gb doesn't get it done. So I turned it all down to minimum and the quality of the gfx disappears so there's no point for me to even attempt it until I make another upgrade and dropping $4-500 on a card just to play it aint happening, for THC I'd do anything I had to but not for this. I do like the render distance, I noticed I was able to shoot at a roe deer and a fallow deer laying down in the distance didn't do anything but trying to aim the gun for that first kill made me drunk swaying all over the place :lol: ... like I said, it's learning to walk all over again but from what I can tell is, you can't go into this game with the thoughts this is an improved "Hunter 2" because it's not in the same universe which seems to be the prevailing thought. I do look forward to being able to try it again in the future but until then I'll enjoy watching YT vids occasionally.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Scrapes
Spotter

Post by Scrapes »

Alot of bugs in game, make it hard to play for me. The tracking was a bit wonky as well seeing as there was no way to tell which track was old, I spent alot of time running in circles. I am going to give it a few weeks before I hop back in there and try it out again. Def still seems like its going to be awesome just need to work the kinks out a bit before I get into it.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Scrapes wrote:Alot of bugs in game, make it hard to play for me. The tracking was a bit wonky as well seeing as there was no way to tell which track was old, I spent alot of time running in circles. I am going to give it a few weeks before I hop back in there and try it out again. Def still seems like its going to be awesome just need to work the kinks out a bit before I get into it.
The newest track will be the one with the tracking cone on your Huntermate. That's the one you want to pay attention to and use to find new tracks. Once you find a newer track, the cone will switch to that one. :)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
FleshNBlood
Scout

Post by FleshNBlood »

So from what I'm reading so far I'm getting the impression that people love the graphics, hate the bug's, and want it to have "everything" THC has. So you get THC with better graphics for a one off payment of $30, rather than them being 2 different games.
Is that right :?:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

FleshNBlood wrote:So from what I'm reading so far I'm getting the impression that people love the graphics, hate the bug's, and want it to have "everything" THC has. So you get THC with better graphics for a one off payment of $30, rather than them being 2 different games.
The one-off payment has the problem that the product pretty much stays as it is. Sure there can be DLCs with more content, but I can't imagine CotW will be developed in the vast ways Classic is.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

FleshNBlood wrote:So from what I'm reading so far I'm getting the impression that people love the graphics, hate the bug's, and want it to have "everything" THC has. So you get THC with better graphics for a one off payment of $30, rather than them being 2 different games.
It's a pity to have to choose between a game graphically much more beautiful, but more casual in this gameplay, and a game overtaken graphically (except for the last map) but more realistic and complete. But the graphics also matters for the game immersing. I thus think of testing COW once my license of classic ended.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

ehr_kimahn wrote:
It's a pity to have to choose between a game graphically much more beautiful, but more casual in this gameplay, and a game overtaken graphically (except for the last map) but more realistic and complete. But the graphics also matters for the game immersing. I thus think of testing COW once my license of classic ended.
COTW is a more realistic hunting simulation then The Hunter Classic. I think a lot expected it to be a console game and is working very hard to confirming their bias. But the Classic don´t have as deep wind simulation scenery don´t come into play when stalking. Animals don´t leave physical tracks in the environment. Rendering distance is limited to 250 metres. Animal AI follow a straight line on calls and walk at set speeds. Huntermate has more aids regarding tracking for the hunter classic and is more arcade. Classic has bird hunting and some winter reserves but otherwise COTW is more complete. I wonder why the shotgun in COTW has bird shots.

Can somebody explain how the hunter classic is a deeper simulation then COTW? Is it the lack of some features like levelling the character. Though it´s there for weapons and tracking but it´s not as obvious and in your face I guess as level up you got skill points.
Scrapes
Spotter

Post by Scrapes »

TundraPuppy wrote:
Scrapes wrote:Alot of bugs in game, make it hard to play for me. The tracking was a bit wonky as well seeing as there was no way to tell which track was old, I spent alot of time running in circles. I am going to give it a few weeks before I hop back in there and try it out again. Def still seems like its going to be awesome just need to work the kinks out a bit before I get into it.
The newest track will be the one with the tracking cone on your Huntermate. That's the one you want to pay attention to and use to find new tracks. Once you find a newer track, the cone will switch to that one. :)

I'll have to give it another go, I just remember walking around and recollecting the same track it just being a mess haha.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”