TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
AmbushPredator
Scout

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by AmbushPredator »

Saw a whole herd of fallow deer yesterday in Hirschfelden - must have been 20 animals at least! Only two bucks, mostly does. That's something I'd love to see in Classic.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

A big thanks to my favourite twitcher for this: ;)

kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Luckily my PC cannot run it. Tried it a few hours on a friend's rig. Great graphics, huge potential. I fear the worst.

PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

I like graphics, the rest sucks... For example do lie on the ground you have another key, you can't autowalk, animals pretty bugged and many more, rating negative on steam and will stay on classic for a while.
stancomputerhunter wrote:My impression is that I won't buy it until someone reports the bugs are fixed. Learned my lesson from Classic.
I should have done the same, but the hype xD too big. Just wasted 23 euros.
Last edited by PardalAlgarve on February 19th, 2017, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alicatt
Tracker

Post by Alicatt »

To autowalk or autorun it is the "G" key

The one thing I keep doing is pressing "space" to hold breath and jump up spooking my target :)

Love the atmosphere, and the thunder in Layton Lakes made me jump it was very realistic and I just was not expecting that clap. So far I've done more hunting at night than day.

Yeah it gets a big thumbs up from me.
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

The bugs are ****** me off. For example, the aim mode keeps switching back on me. Sucks when I think I have it working and the scope goes up and right back down. You'd think EW would be able to program by now, but I guess I should be used to them not putting out tested code.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

Alicatt wrote: Love the atmosphere, and the thunder in Layton Lakes made me jump it was very realistic and I just was not expecting that clap. So far I've done more hunting at night than day.

Yeah it gets a big thumbs up from me.
I was just caught in a storm making my way up Mount Kraken - has seen the storm effects on Ron McTube's video, so shouldn't have been so startled by the thunder, but I was... :lol:

And whoever put in the creaking sound as you cross to the midpoint of one of those rope and wooden bridges.... you're a *****! :o
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

PardalAlgarve wrote:I like graphics, the rest sucks... For example do lie on the ground you have another key, you can't autowalk, animals pretty bugged and many more, rating negative on steam and will stay on classic for a while.
stancomputerhunter wrote:My impression is that I won't buy it until someone reports the bugs are fixed. Learned my lesson from Classic.
I should have done the same, but the hype xD too big. Just wasted 23 euros.
The irony though stay with buggy The Hunter classic because COTW is bugged :D

Also the solution if you don´t have the computer to run it is to buy a computer that can. Get with the times and don´t get stuck in old tracks.

You can´t have analogue control of your walking speed with digital controllers. I think some old Tom Clancy splinter cell had walk speed adjustable on the scroll wheel it´s as good as you will get it. Can have various speeds but then you need some other controls for scoping though it could be contextual if you aim something I suppose as you seldom want to walk when firing.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

The wounded animations so lifelike when they limp :(

Struggled a bit with the inventory interface. I think it took 10 minutes for me to figure out how to purchase ammo and how to actually have it all in my inventory but shouldn´t be a problem now. You need to get all items moved to the right. It´s not enough though you also have to have the ammo in the first round slot not the second. Seem to be no limit for how much ammo to take with you only weight limitations?
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

It needs a freelook button in default preset on the x. I keep pressing my freelook button from Classic. I love it so far!

The boars don't have tracks for me and that is not fine.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”