TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
phil1
Hunter

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by phil1 »

I like it too, it's just that I don't like the way it's been treated, like all of EW's offerings. I wish I had your 'cast iron' certainty that it will get better, I believe that once they have your money, they really don't care. I wasn't an EW beta tester, but got a key from a 'friend' who knows I tell it like it is and wanted me to critique it. I have tried my very best to be honest and sent EW a comprehensive report on the bugs I saw in Beta. Every single one of them has appeared in the release version. So Jeff, like you, I've spent a lot of time in this game, if I didn't give a d*mn, I wouldn't post. But what was delivered this week was unacceptable as a fully released game.
doofer

Post by doofer »

They made a more arcade-like Hunting Game to appeal more to 'Casual' Players and then released it far too early with way too many bugs/issues and all the 'Casuals' left bad reviews/refunded, because they're..Casual players and are never in to any Game for the long-haul, as soon as the Next-Best-Thing™ is released they are off to that.

I can see the game has some promise, but this ultimately depends on where the Devs go from here, if they make any more poor decisions (I'm looking at you bug-riddled DLCs) like they did releasing it in the sorry state it's in (the menus alone are an insult to usability) then they won't maintain many players, or not enough for continued Development to be worthwhile (theHunter:Primal). Yes, it's early days but what a disastrous start for such a beautiful looking Game. :(

With hindsight, they should have released it as 'Early-Access Beta' for half the price and worked from there, there would have been a lot more forgiving Player-base who would have ignored many of the problems and just built up the hype instead of the backlash and bad PR they are getting - And rightly so I'm afraid, no way is this a release worthy state in anyone's eyes.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

phil1 wrote:I like it too, it's just that I don't like the way it's been treated, like all of EW's offerings. I wish I had your 'cast iron' certainty that it will get better, I believe that once they have your money, they really don't care. I wasn't an EW beta tester, but got a key from a 'friend' who knows I tell it like it is and wanted me to critique it. I have tried my very best to be honest and sent EW a comprehensive report on the bugs I saw in Beta. Every single one of them has appeared in the release version. So Jeff, like you, I've spent a lot of time in this game, if I didn't give a d*mn, I wouldn't post. But what was delivered this week was unacceptable as a fully released game.
I hear that, I wonder how they could overlook a lot of the things I have found, knowing that they were probably reported. And yes I still think it will get better, I try not to take these things so seriously and I believe that they have made THC better over time. But they do seem to rush things. I have to do my own quality check every now and again to make sure I am getting my entertainment dollars worth, and I believe I will get $30+ worth out of COTW. :-)

P.S I just wish one of those Diamond level mythical fallow deer would freeze in place for me once in a while.
Thanks, ~Jeff

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

jeff1963 wrote:Don't judge me for liking it ;-) , it's buggy, but it's fun and it will get better, I like it in a different way then I like classic.
No disrespect, but that is kind of a strange thing to say. I'd like to know "how" its going to get "better". As far as I know, it's a one-time purchase. I'm not a gamer, except for tHC and online golf, so I don't know how companies fix bugs and make things better for people who already have the game. Do they send you a patch to install? Do they post a whole new version on Steam that you can download free?

I have seen lots of posts on here about tHC being fixed as we go along. Not one comment from CotW team about their problems and what they are going to do about them. I admit that I haven't made any attempt to read anything about these issues from EW on Steam. The forum there is pretty hard to navigate (for me anyway..my grandson could probably zip through it with his eyes closed).

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

As far as I know, it's a one-time purchase. I'm not a gamer, except for tHC and online golf, so I don't know how companies fix bugs and make things better for people who already have the game. Do they send you a patch to install? ).

Exactly that, it will patch through steam if EW support it going forward (which I hope they do)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Cartoon Head wrote:
As far as I know, it's a one-time purchase. I'm not a gamer, except for tHC and online golf, so I don't know how companies fix bugs and make things better for people who already have the game. Do they send you a patch to install? ).

Exactly that, it will patch through steam if EW support it going forward (which I hope they do)
The key word here is hope. Not one word from EW regarding support for CotW. Only that there will be DLC in the future.

Ugly Pete
Tracker

Post by Ugly Pete »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:

The key word here is hope. Not one word from EW regarding support for CotW. Only that there will be DLC in the future.

Here's a link to the news about the game.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=518790
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Ugly Pete wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:

Here's a link to the news about the game.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=518790
Thank you. Seems there might be hope.

Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

jeff1963 wrote:Don't judge me for liking it ;-) , it's buggy, but it's fun and it will get better, I like it in a different way then I like classic.
No disrespect, but that is kind of a strange thing to say. I'd like to know "how" its going to get "better". As far as I know, it's a one-time purchase. I'm not a gamer, except for tHC and online golf, so I don't know how companies fix bugs and make things better for people who already have the game. Do they send you a patch to install? Do they post a whole new version on Steam that you can download free?

I have seen lots of posts on here about tHC being fixed as we go along. Not one comment from CotW team about their problems and what they are going to do about them. I admit that I haven't made any attempt to read anything about these issues from EW on Steam. The forum there is pretty hard to navigate (for me anyway..my grandson could probably zip through it with his eyes closed).
They basically patch via steam (Update) or if the issues are minor you can sometimes have a once off hotfix which addresses those issues, but with the amount of issues (I'm talking basic core mechanics not functioning) then they will have to release a patch version.

What you just need to follow over in Steam is the Official News & Announcements, don't get lost within the General Discussions threads you may never come out alive. ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/1/
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

did i pay 22$ for a BETA???

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”