TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by fantamichele »

you can also kill two animals with one shot.
I killed the bison, the bison has fallen on the fox, the fox is dead! :D

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Scrapes wrote:
TundraPuppy wrote:
Scrapes wrote:Alot of bugs in game, make it hard to play for me. The tracking was a bit wonky as well seeing as there was no way to tell which track was old, I spent alot of time running in circles. I am going to give it a few weeks before I hop back in there and try it out again. Def still seems like its going to be awesome just need to work the kinks out a bit before I get into it.
The newest track will be the one with the tracking cone on your Huntermate. That's the one you want to pay attention to and use to find new tracks. Once you find a newer track, the cone will switch to that one. :)

I'll have to give it another go, I just remember walking around and recollecting the same track it just being a mess haha.
It´s not the newest it´s just the last one you tracked so it doesn´t necessarily help against going in circles. I am kind of surprised there is no skill to let you see the age of tracks better.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

It's the newest in the sequence. Try tracking a series of tracks, then purposely skip one, keep tracking a few so you get the cone on that last track, then go back and track the track that you previously hadn't gotten. You'll get the blue dot but the cone will stay on the last track in the sequence.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
Scrapes
Spotter

Post by Scrapes »

knott wrote:
Scrapes wrote:
TundraPuppy wrote:
The newest track will be the one with the tracking cone on your Huntermate. That's the one you want to pay attention to and use to find new tracks. Once you find a newer track, the cone will switch to that one. :)

I'll have to give it another go, I just remember walking around and recollecting the same track it just being a mess haha.
It´s not the newest it´s just the last one you tracked so it doesn´t necessarily help against going in circles. I am kind of surprised there is no skill to let you see the age of tracks better.
I hoped on there and played for a half hour or so, and the same thing happened. The fallow deer was shot, bleeding, and running. He ran around in circles all over the place. Blood trails showed him going north, south, west, and east. I finally gave up, walked a little further and heard a noise, I investigated and he was next to the lake still running, but into a rock. I put him down, and put the game back down.

I'll try again soon but when I am tracking something and on my screen it shows the same blue tracks going in every direction.. doesn't make any sense.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

knott wrote:
ehr_kimahn wrote:
FleshNBlood wrote:So from what I'm reading so far I'm getting the impression that people love the graphics, hate the bug's, and want it to have "everything" THC has. So you get THC with better graphics for a one off payment of $30, rather than them being 2 different games.
Is that right :?:
It's a pity to have to choose between a game graphically much more beautiful, but more casual in this gameplay, and a game overtaken graphically (except for the last map) but more realistic and complete. But the graphics also matters for the game immersing. I thus think of testing COW once my license of classic ended.
COTW is a more realistic hunting simulation then The Hunter Classic. I think a lot expected it to be a console game and is working very hard to confirming their bias. But the Classic don´t have as deep wind simulation scenery don´t come into play when stalking. Animals don´t leave physical tracks in the environment. Rendering distance is limited to 250 metres. Animal AI follow a straight line on calls and walk at set speeds. Huntermate has more aids regarding tracking for the hunter classic and is more arcade. Classic has bird hunting and some winter reserves but otherwise COTW is more complete. I wonder why the shotgun in COTW has bird shots.

Can somebody explain how the hunter classic is a deeper simulation then COTW? Is it the lack of some features like levelling the character. Though it´s there for weapons and tracking but it´s not as obvious and in your face I guess as level up you got skill points.
ok i will test it :) , after a real patch.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

There is some real patches already. It´s not complete of course it will never be if we look at the track record of Classic :p. 7 years and still need a lot of patching. Talk about waiting game.

It does turn a bit arcade and tracking more similar to classic the more you level your character. I leveled so far I managed to unlock perks to shoot two barrels at once for the shotgun. Which I guess is not impossible IRL perhaps. And I have a supernice call so I can temporarily stop an animal on their track. Awesome when you get a couple of roes running at you and want time to take them out one by one or just want an easier shot. I also think with all of my stealth bonuses sneaking is now easier then Classic. Especially since after the 1.2 patch which let me move super silent. So yes you turn it more arcade the more perks and skills you enable. Think they should add a feature to create your own character maybe after completing the main story or something then you can switch between arcade and sim as you wish. May want some perks, skills and not a complete vanilla character and have to reearn all the cash again. A trick Oleg Maddox applied to IL 2 which can be if not hardcore simulation but quite decent to pure arcade fun.

Kind of necessary for multiplayer if you want everyone on the same playing field but I suppose they must implement truracs or something for people to go crazy about mp competition instead of just having fun with friends.

I am not sure I will ever play Classic again. Will depend if they bring in some new features I feel worthy a try.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

200h in COTW and I am still not economically independant nor have I unlocked all gear. I am getting closer though. 5-pin sight and 600G arrows and some .454 ammo is what is left to unlock. And I recon I will always have money now to do what I want. I have a lot of question marks and thus towers left to invest in at Layton and am at level 51. Of course then I would want some 100000 to try and fully optimize my character. I got one or two skills/perks that I don´t want so maybe not economically independent anytime soon.

I am stuck in the main missions in both layton and hirsch. I actually abandoned hirsch because the frustration of not bag a gold red deer for two weeks. It will just not ever happen again it seems. Went to layton and scored a gold blacktail, a gold black bear, a gold moose and a gold Roosevelt elk and a gold whitetail. I did not get a golden coyote but I guess if I had the .223 or .243 I would get that too lol.

Hirsch looks much better but I do enjoy the tower placement seem more thought out at Layton. I preferr the hirsch groundblinds because you can make mini towers out of them.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

My license for thehunter classic ends in 15 days. I am maybe going to buy COTW to test it. I am especially interested for graphism and landscapes because the maps in Classic are very deprecated, except the last map. But in term of hunting gameplay, I am afraid of being disappointed. Especially as I use practically only the compound bow in game.

But just to go hunting with the compound bow in the Thehunter Classic ( Also give access to all the reserves and all the species) , i spend more 100 USD.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ehr_kimahn wrote:My license for thehunter classic ends in 15 days. I am maybe going to buy COTW to test it. I am especially interested for graphism and landscapes because the maps in Classic are very deprecated, except the last map. But in term of hunting gameplay, I am afraid of being disappointed. Especially as I use practically only the compound bow in game.

But just to go hunting with the compound bow in the Thehunter Classic ( Also give access to all the reserves and all the species) , i spend more 100 USD.
A night at the movies, popcorn, soft drinks, candy..well over $50US. Your $100 is cheap entertainment.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Wow and I thought cinema here is expensive. Around 18$ or 23$ with snacks. But yeah I run 200h so far divide that by 40$ the Hunter costs over here

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”