Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Re: Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

Post by TundraPuppy »

CybrSlydr wrote:Imagine my surprise when I see CotW on my Steam home-page! WOW! Looks great! Then I see you guys have known since the end of November! lol

Did some reading in this thread and I'm a little concerned - is CotW going to be a "watered-down" version of THC? What exactly do you folks mean by "arcade"?
Considering the game isn't out yet, and is still being worked on and adjusted, I think it's premature for people (in general, not directed specifically towards you) to call it "watered down" or "arcade". It's probably best for us to discuss what excites us or disinterests us based on the information the developers have released so far without too much "slippery slope sky is falling" style editorializing.

I would save your concern that may be based on assumptions for something else. No sense on stressing yourself about a product that isn't released yet. :)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
CybrSlydr

Post by CybrSlydr »

TundraPuppy wrote:
Considering the game isn't out yet, and is still being worked on and adjusted, I think it's premature for people (in general, not directed specifically towards you) to call it "watered down" or "arcade". It's probably best for us to discuss what excites us or disinterests us based on the information the developers have released so far without too much "slippery slope sky is falling" style editorializing.

I would save your concern that may be based on assumptions for something else. No sense on stressing yourself about a product that isn't released yet. :)
Well, I looked up some vids on YouTube and if what I'm seeing is what they're calling "arcade" or "watered down" then I'm not too worried. What I'm seeing simply looks like a tutorial mode for new players you see on any game.

Animal animations/AI and ballistics are probably the three things I would be most interested in.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Aye, and they haven't released a ton of information about those things yet, unfortunately. Once it gets closer to release, we'll see the inevitable flood of information. :)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
CybrSlydr

Post by CybrSlydr »

I'm assuming we're looking at Spring/Summer release for this? I.E. couple of months/6 months?
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

When they first announced it, they said "the release of the game in early 2017." Now that could mean sometime in January (doubtful), February, March, etc. No one really knows but hope it's not much later than that. See http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=77162 (paragraph below the 4th picture)

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”