Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
GatorGal
Scout

Re: Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

Post by GatorGal »

I hope the new game works with my laptop ... im not very tech savvy.. anyone know if its compatible with AMD Radeon HD 6520G? I have no idea.. and yes I did look at the system requirements.. I still dont "Get it".. lol
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Drooling and in shock
Last edited by tbug on November 28th, 2016, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kniven
Tracker

Post by Kniven »

Big News! Looks like I will need a new and powerful PC. But most important - will I be able to transfer my HunterName and HunterScore? Terrified to be seen as a noob again...
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Wow, interesting indeed. From the footage and screenshots, the engine certainly looks a lot more capable and flexible than the current one.
... but also wanted to build something new using all the experience and technical expertise that we’ve accumulated over the years ...
So it is fair to assume that some of the talented folks from the original team moved on to work on this, e.g. Andrés, Peter, José, et al?

KT raised an excellent point about running both games in parallel. If this new game is a one-time purchase with DLC content, what would be the company's incentive to encourage existing theHunter players to move away from theHunter, where their contributions equate to what is recurring monthly revenue? More importantly what happens if everyone loves the new game so much that they move away from theHunter? Even with dozens and dozens of DLC packs, I can't imagine spending anywhere near what I've spent on theHunter so far. If the revenue for theHunter tapers off, will that spell disaster for its continued support?

Will there be continuity in the new game, comparable to what we have in theHunter? Only one other game has captured my attention for so long, and I attribute that to things like the forum, competitions, missions and achievements. People have spent significant portions of their lives dedicated to increasing their skills and hunter score in theHunter. Is that all lost if we move over to the new game? Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited about the new game and it looks impressive so far. I'm just not sure visual improvements and a better engine will be enough to sway my loyalty to theHunter.
GatorGal wrote:I hope the new game works with my laptop ... im not very tech savvy.. anyone know if its compatible with AMD Radeon HD 6520G? I have no idea.. and yes I did look at the system requirements.
It's not a matter of compatibility. It's whether your GPU will be adequate enough to enable you to play the game with suitable framerates. My guess would be no.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

This new game need new account to create, new weapons and new items to buy, new skills to do or we can use our existing account ?
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Interesting, interesting....

Too bad Alena's link does not work for me... :(
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

boom,i couldn't be more exited for this. at the most its the hunter 2 at the least its a one off game thats gona hopefully make EW big money to put what THCOTW into THC

youve just ruined xmas for my family becasue no gifts gona match this!

my gut feeling is gona be they dont go back to back but over lap. i think by the end of 2017 thehunter will have started to slow down and if call of the wild has done as well as it looks will be the flag ship.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

MonacoSteve wrote:Interesting, interesting....

Don't work for me either. :(
Spoiler:
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:Interesting, interesting....

Don't work for me either. :(
I'm getting a CloudFlare error - website overloaded already? Oh well, lots of interest in the game, clearly! :D
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”