Reindeer

How do you rate Reindeer

You may select up to 4 options

 
 
View results
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 19361
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Reindeer

Postby HooCairs » May 13th, 2016, 6:38 pm

How do you rate Reindeer

Image

Image
User avatar
james990
Outfitter
Posts: 1016
Joined: September 19th, 2013, 3:31 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Reindeer

Postby james990 » September 6th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
Image
Image
What i want!!
User avatar
Mavrx
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Re: Reindeer

Postby Mavrx » September 6th, 2016, 8:58 pm

They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x
User avatar
caledonianblues
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9185
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Reindeer

Postby caledonianblues » September 7th, 2016, 5:15 am

Mavrx wrote:They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x

I'm genuinely surprised to read such a comment against this animal. The reindeer model is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. I think they look incredibly realistic. I also think the textures are far beyond that of most other species in the game. So I'm curious to know how exactly the reindeer falls short for you. How would you improve them?
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
james990
Outfitter
Posts: 1016
Joined: September 19th, 2013, 3:31 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Reindeer

Postby james990 » September 7th, 2016, 6:59 am

caledonianblues wrote:
Mavrx wrote:They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x

I'm genuinely surprised to read such a comment against this animal. The reindeer model is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. I think they look incredibly realistic. I also think the textures are far beyond that of most other species in the game. So I'm curious to know how exactly the reindeer falls short for you. How would you improve them?


I agree with you on that. the textures and the looks of the body, neck and head is quite good. I just think the antlers are the real let down for them.
User avatar
Buckkiller4
Hunter
Posts: 672
Joined: April 1st, 2016, 9:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Reindeer

Postby Buckkiller4 » September 7th, 2016, 7:10 am

james990 wrote:Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
Image
Image
What i want!!

actually, they are basically the same thing. Most female caribou actually do have antlers but forget it. I don't want to fight about it
User avatar
ForstHeld
Outfitter
Posts: 1891
Joined: August 24th, 2013, 8:43 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Reindeer

Postby ForstHeld » September 7th, 2016, 7:16 am

I am very surprised that so many voted the AI with good. For me the AI that makes the herds walk very fast in straight lines is horrible. If i find one of these tracks wich is ~45min old i cant reach the animals even when i run.
User avatar
james990
Outfitter
Posts: 1016
Joined: September 19th, 2013, 3:31 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Reindeer

Postby james990 » September 7th, 2016, 9:15 am

Buckkiller4 wrote:
james990 wrote:Before Reindeer was added I always pushed for caribou. I must say that I was extremely excited. When we received them i was surprised in a way of there behavior but I didnt mind it. What i really dislike about them is their antlers in both the males and females. I guess because it is reindeer there different then caribou that always have the huge antler racks. The current antlers are nothing like the nice antlers you see in Northern Canada and Alaska. I hope that one day they swap reindeer for caribou for whatever reason.
Image
Image
What i want!!

actually, they are basically the same thing. Most female caribou actually do have antlers but forget it. I don't want to fight about it


I know the females have antlers irl, never said they didn't. They're just don't look right in the game is my opinion.
User avatar
Mavrx
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Re: Reindeer

Postby Mavrx » September 22nd, 2016, 9:10 pm

caledonianblues wrote:
Mavrx wrote:They can do better w/ models and basically the whole visual department. At least for how much I pay :x

I'm genuinely surprised to read such a comment against this animal. The reindeer model is, in my opinion, one of the best in the game. I think they look incredibly realistic. I also think the textures are far beyond that of most other species in the game. So I'm curious to know how exactly the reindeer falls short for you. How would you improve them?

I know this is a late response but, I wasn't specific enough and meant that some model like bears could be better. I agree the reindeer is a good one.
User avatar
mikeman1
Scout
Posts: 360
Joined: February 3rd, 2016, 11:12 pm
Location: Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

Re: Reindeer

Postby mikeman1 » September 22nd, 2016, 9:27 pm

ForstHeld wrote:I am very surprised that so many voted the AI with good. For me the AI that makes the herds walk very fast in straight lines is horrible. If i find one of these tracks wich is ~45min old i cant reach the animals even when i run.


Reindeer (caribou in North America) cover vast distances in a very short period of time IRL. They can be a real challenge to hunt for this reason. Trying to determine which direction they are going to go and trying to get ahead of them and ambushing them is sometimes the only option. Without some kind of vehicle its hard to do an effective ambush. In the game it seems like the devs replicated this fairly accurately. Unfortunately,it makes them more difficult to hunt than some of the others in the deer family.
Code: Select all


Return to “Animal Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest