Canada Goose

How do you rate Canada Goose

You may select up to 4 options

 
 
View results
User avatar
HooCairs
Champion Hunter
Posts: 19444
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 7:30 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Canada Goose

Postby HooCairs » May 13th, 2016, 6:37 pm

How do you rate Canada Goose

Image

Image
User avatar
DerrickDude
Tracker
Posts: 136
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Canada Goose

Postby DerrickDude » May 17th, 2016, 8:55 am

Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.

Image
User avatar
Prinz1989
Hunter
Posts: 748
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 7:26 am

Re: Canada Goose

Postby Prinz1989 » May 17th, 2016, 8:59 am

DerrickDude wrote:Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.


I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.
User avatar
DerrickDude
Tracker
Posts: 136
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Canada Goose

Postby DerrickDude » May 17th, 2016, 9:10 am

Prinz1989 wrote:
DerrickDude wrote:Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.


I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.


As IRL. People cry about realism in the game but only when it suits their personal wants in the game. I deal with the sound of geese IRL on just about every hunt I go on. I can't turn them off when I am not hunting them IRL just because they are annoying....

Image
User avatar
Prinz1989
Hunter
Posts: 748
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 7:26 am

Re: Canada Goose

Postby Prinz1989 » May 17th, 2016, 10:26 am

DerrickDude wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
DerrickDude wrote:Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.


I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.


As IRL. People cry about realism in the game but only when it suits their personal wants in the game. I deal with the sound of geese IRL on just about every hunt I go on. I can't turn them off when I am not hunting them IRL just because they are annoying....


Well IRL there aren't that many canada geese in Germany to begin with. Living in rural parts of Germany you might not see/hear wild geese all year. So most of the time it is pretty unrealistic and annoying to hear the geese all the time while hunting the German reserve. I think they are in a good spot were they are now.
User avatar
DerrickDude
Tracker
Posts: 136
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Canada Goose

Postby DerrickDude » May 17th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Prinz1989 wrote:
DerrickDude wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.


As IRL. People cry about realism in the game but only when it suits their personal wants in the game. I deal with the sound of geese IRL on just about every hunt I go on. I can't turn them off when I am not hunting them IRL just because they are annoying....


Well IRL there aren't that many canada geese in Germany to begin with. Living in rural parts of Germany you might not see/hear wild geese all year. So most of the time it is pretty unrealistic and annoying to hear the geese all the time while hunting the German reserve. I think they are in a good spot were they are now.


Well then we can cordially agree to disagree. ;)

Image
User avatar
mikeman1
Scout
Posts: 360
Joined: February 3rd, 2016, 11:12 pm
Location: Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

Re: Canada Goose

Postby mikeman1 » May 17th, 2016, 5:35 pm

[quote= I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.[/quote]

How about a happy medium? They are definitely far too low for those of us who hunt geese. I also agree with you that they used to be annoying when hunting other species, as I often do. However, now they are too low and it is affecting the quality of play for the paying customers who hunt geese. Personally, I find the squeaking and barking that roe deer make extremely annoying, but I know others enjoy hunting them so I'm not going to complain about it and demand they tone the roe deer down.

I think most goose hunters would be agreeable to turning geese up just a little more so that we can hear them coming before its too late, which is the problem now. Turning the volume down so that you can't hunt them effectively because someone doesn't like the sound is more than a minor annoyance, it is unfair.
Code: Select all

User avatar
Prinz1989
Hunter
Posts: 748
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 7:26 am

Re: Canada Goose

Postby Prinz1989 » May 17th, 2016, 6:33 pm

mikeman1 wrote: "I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl."

How about a happy medium? They are definitely far too low for those of us who hunt geese. I also agree with you that they used to be annoying when hunting other species, as I often do. However, now they are too low and it is affecting the quality of play for the paying customers who hunt geese. Personally, I find the squeaking and barking that roe deer make extremely annoying, but I know others enjoy hunting them so I'm not going to complain about it and demand they tone the roe deer down.

I think most goose hunters would be agreeable to turning geese up just a little more so that we can hear them coming before its too late, which is the problem now. Turning the volume down so that you can't hunt them effectively because someone doesn't like the sound is more than a minor annoyance, it is unfair.


Well I'm not going to quit HF if the geese get louder again. If many players think they are to quiet now I'm not gonna protest it if they get loader again. I'm just happy with them as they are now. But I can see why others would think different about this.
Still with the roes you very much have to hear them in order to get them. With the geese less so. The only thing you lose is some time on the caller because you hear the geese later. But compared to the decoys the callers have a small effect, so overall you don't loose much.
Don't get me wrong I like geese and have a full setup, I just like boar and red deer as well.
And I'm not saying no to fox and roe.

Personally I could do without all the pheasant calls ;)
User avatar
Wespertin
Spotter
Posts: 65
Joined: June 17th, 2015, 1:11 pm
Location: Stockholm, SE

Re: Canada Goose

Postby Wespertin » May 25th, 2016, 12:08 pm

I think the sound is very good now. Before, the loudness did it hard to decide where they were. Now, I turn my head in the right direction to see them coming.
As an advanced bird-watcher and amateur nature photographer, it's quite often you see them before you hear them.

Return to “Animal Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest