Good to see you hunter!
We have seen many threads about various aspects of the animals, their behavior, look, animations, etc. You can now rate the different characteristics for each species. Let everyone know your opinion! Many forum members are real life hunters and have a very good idea of how realistic animals are done. Others don't hunt IRL but still have eyes and ears to judge how they like the different animals in this game.
We hope enough people will find this interesting and make their votes, and we can collect enough information for a good overall rating for all species. This could also be useful information for EW when making new species or possibly considering improvements on current ones.
Please rate the animals regarding the following four criteria.
APPEARANCE - Please look at
- Instant recognition, first impression
- Body model (males and females, sizes, body part relations, etc.)
- Colors and textures (furs, feathers, fur variations and rares, etc.)
- Scoring characteristics (antlers, tusks, feathers, ease of field judging, etc.)
- Movements (walking, calling, fleeing, sensing, etc.)
- Idle animations
- Realistic animations when observing over a longer time
- Moving around on maps
- Behavior within groups
- Reaction to lures
- Others (attacking, fleeing, regrouping, resting and feeding, instant call response, etc.)
- Movement sounds (walking, running, trotting, water splashing, etc.)
- Idle sounds
- Others (nervous sounds, ibex fights/falling rocks, wing flapping, etc.)
The forum polling system does not allow for multiple questions, each with multiple options such as this
I have had great support from David aka. caledonianblues, and we have come up with the following way for receiving your votes. Every question has five answers, and you can choose one of the five answers for each question. So you will set 4 x's for each animal.
How to vote
You have 4 check boxes that you can tick for each animal. Please choose one option from 1-5 for each question.
Example; How do you rate Alpine Ibex
- Please select your answers so that you have one x for each question.
- Do not let any bugs dictate your ratings.
- We encourage your to leave comments below every poll and discuss your ratings.
The voting results will be shown in each animal's thread, as well as in this intro thread for all animals. A nifty little tool from David makes this possible. It collects the votes, creates the charts and presents them in the forum in real time.
-> Voters, for leaving your votes for as many animals as possible!
-> David, for supporting this as a moderator, programmer and friend!