Upgrade dog treats to replenish the dog energy(tired)

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Upgrade dog treats to replenish the dog energy(tired)

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

Hi , even at lvl 50 dog retriver if u play and hunt bird alot the dog get tired very fast from 1 game compare to irl in unfair for the dog , dogs can work much more then that and after lvl 50 i dont buy any more treats so if u upgrade that we keep continue to buy treats and spend ems or gms if we get more benefits from that treats.
so if u make more use of this treats and upgrade them so when we give it to the dog it even make him more excited and make him want to work more like irl ,in other word it replenish a litel amount of his tired bar ,in this case
it help the dog to work longer and we never get out of dog use , i am levling another dog to get ride of this problem please help us little more and can u please added a bar beside the dog name , exp, etc that show us how much more energy he have

i like to know how long time it take to replenish a full lvl 50 dog energy ,it seem like the dog get tired from certain amount of bird not of the distance he travel to ,dogs need to bee boosted.
hope to see this nice option in the game soon :P
Last edited by GoldenEagle1 on September 9th, 2020, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Upgrade dog treats to replenish the dog power(tired)

Post by HooCairs »

Good idea. I have done extensive magpie hunting recently and even two dogs (one at level 50, one at level 42) were not enough, both got tired out! And there I was, running around collecting birds like in the old days. :? ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

HooCairs wrote:Good idea. I have done extensive magpie hunting recently and even two dogs (one at level 50, one at level 42) were not enough, both got tired out! And there I was, running around collecting birds like in the old days. :? ;)
yes it is very true , and thanks for the support Hoocairs i hope to see some love from the community as well to this topic , i remember when i left a comment about the ammo box to added them together in one of your youtube videos, and after a week it came to the game hhh good work :P
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I also like this idea. Dogs are one of the more expensive luxury items in the game, it's a shame to lose functionality of them just because they "tire out" as they perform their skill. A jeep won't tire out as long as you keep buying fuel. An engraved gun won't tire out as long as you keep buying ammo. A two man tripod doesn't have limited uses per day or per hunt. Perhaps the dog should be able to be continuously used as well if you're willing to pay for it.

That said, I feel like I've done a good bit of bird hunting in a single day before many times and have only ever tired out my dog completely once. You guys must really put the hammer down on those birds to tire out your dogs so much!
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

yes we should have
1- a new fresh dog at least when we start a new game so the dog reset
or
2-those treats we have replenish 0.75 bar for every 1 treat
say the dog lose 1 bar for every bird he fetch so we get back 0.75 bar for 1 treat.
1fetch = -1 bar +0.75 back from treat = 0,25 energy lose only in this case he well drain much more slower, i dont know how much energy he gain back per minut when he standing doing nothing so adding a bar for that beside the dog name it is very nice to have too.
Last edited by GoldenEagle1 on September 9th, 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

I'm totally for this! Each treat could boost the energy level (+1) step or something like that.
The exp from the treat itself is secondary to the exp gains from a rested pooch!

I only have a Scent Hound so I'm a bit ignorant to the Retriever's and Pointers mechanics, but are Retriever's only one's that "tire out"?

I've had my hound track wounded animals all across reserves, but I have not seen their energy levels drop. I'm assuming Pointers are similar as well.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

jack30286
Tracker

Re: Upgrade dog treats to replenish the dog energy(tired)

Post by jack30286 »

Maybe the dog treat could have a brain supplement added. It would be nice for a level 50 scent hound to find a dead animal 20 meters in front of him.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Upgrade dog treats to replenish the dog energy(tired)

Post by JimboCrow »

IRL, retrievers can run around fetching ducks for hours on end, and although they're always tired as hell when they get home, they seem to have almost boundless energy in the field. In this game however, I can easily burn out two Level 20 dogs in three hours game time. I realize that will improve as they level up, but still, even one-year-old pups can hunt hard for three or four hours at a stretch, and twice a day, morning and evening.

Dogs are descended from wolves, which literally exhaust their prey by running them down for miles; they are essentially designed and built for a marathon. Either stamina levels should be bumped across the board, or treats should provide more value and serve a purpose, as real energy boosters per suggestion; and preferably both. An effective, simple, realistic idea... here's hoping. (How about it EW, are you game?? ;))

Return to “Dog suggestions”