Dual dogs with you

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Giuh
Spotter

Dual dogs with you

Post by Giuh »

Hello. I know it might not be the best time to make suggestions haha. I originally joined this subforum thinking it was already suggested and to see what was a possible dev's response, but didn't even find a post suggesting something like this (I might be very bad at searching posts).

So basically the suggestion is the ability to have a second slot and bring one more dog with you on the hunt, and have it controlled with a spare key like "B" (E/D on trophy shots). Would be very cool so you can level up the "Stoicism" skill (which is only worked when on multiplayer, not that usual), and also to improve the efficiency on the hunt.
You could go pointer-retriever for rabbits mostly so one finds the burrows and the other one retrieves them for you; pointer-scenthound; two retrievers when hunting geese or ducks; even two pointers so one can search for coyote while the other one searches for deer for example.

Give me your thoughts!
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Dual dogs with you

Post by DYEUZ »

Giuh wrote:Give me your thoughts!
I see no aid for me with two dogs .
I see a lot of commands being given .
I have already 1 dog that gets bugged some times , no need for two .
In the end , i see more troubles than anything .

So , basically , for these reasons , it's a no, for / from me !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

DYEUZ wrote:
Giuh wrote:Give me your thoughts!
I see no aid for me with two dogs .
I see a lot of commands being given .
I have already 1 dog that gets bugged some times , no need for two .
In the end , i see more troubles than anything .

So , basically , for these reasons , it's a no, for / from me !
Hey, appreciate your comment.

The "aid" depends on your style of hunting. If you're usually with one scent hound to track your wounded animals, then there might be no point on bringing another dog to supervise. Now if you decide to go euro rabbit hunting, it'll be helpful if you have a dog finding you burrows, while the other one retrieves them to you under your tree stand you just put. Or two pointers to track different game at the same time, so you don't get forced to go only for coyote when they could also find deer. Or having two retrievers if you on a big geese/duck hunt to keeps things quick. Or any other way of hunting you decide to do, since you have this option.

In my opinion having to give more commands is the effort you go under the moment you decide to take two dogs with you, if you struggle controlling your single dog why take two? While other people might enjoy it and make the hunt more inmersive for them.

I don't know what kind of dog you have, but mine (German Pointer) works fine. Retrievers and Hounds might have some issues but that's not the point of the post. Again, it's down to personal preference. No need to take two if you struggle with one.

It's just another option for the gameplay if people want to set their hunts in one way or another, or train their dogs in a specific way.

Since the game is apparently dying (development-wise), this probably won't be read. But just wanted to leave it here anyway. Maybe for the new game when they develop dogs :lol:

Thank you for your comment Dyeuz.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Giuh ...
I have a Retriever and that's enough for me .
I don't need a Pointer . I find my game myself , that's part of hunting , of the fun .
I do not struggle with the dog and commands . The dog struggles sometimes with stuff . ;)

I view it as many more , major stuff that can be done to this game , than another dog imho .

I don't mind at all , if your suggestion can be view has a good idea for some and their way of playing this game .
It's a personal choice alright .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Giuh ...
I have a Retriever and that's enough for me .
I don't need a Pointer . I find my game myself , that's part of hunting , of the fun .
I do not struggle with the dog and commands . The dog struggles sometimes with stuff . ;)

I view it as many more , major stuff that can be done to this game , than another dog imho .

I don't mind at all , if your suggestion can be view has a good idea for some and their way of playing this game .
It's a personal choice alright .
Thank you for passing by.
Spoiler:
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I like the idea, but most of the time I accomplish this by hunting with my friend. But for SP this would be nice but an easier fix would be just make the pointer able to retrieve birds and rabbits. Then that would eliminate most of the times I would want 2 dogs. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

XxStrong1xX wrote:I like the idea, but most of the time I accomplish this by hunting with my friend. But for SP this would be nice but an easier fix would be just make the pointer able to retrieve birds and rabbits. Then that would eliminate most of the times I would want 2 dogs. :)
Yeah, but maybe in order to not unbalance it with retrievers, make it so pointer can only retrieve what it just pointed (and not any game you shoot).

Thank you for your comment!
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It HAS been suggested before, I think, but mostly because it would be an awesome idea (imo). It's also been suggested that dogs be able to learn other families' skills at a lower success rate--like a pointer could learn to retrieve but never be quite as good at retrieving, etc.

I would love to level my pointer, but honestly the scenthound is always with me for those tricky "it suddenly changed direction in heavy brush" tracks.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

I just go out with my G-pointer and try a tent with me to change the dogs if i make a bad shot.

They only fix/change the dogs after the they bring out the new Pointer.

No updatesfor dogs without a new dog ... but maybe they looking here some suggestions for a dog in cotw
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

i like to see 2 retriver work same time , that make the dogs even work longer and not get tired , i suggest to upgrade the treats too to replenish a litel amount of dog tired bar beside the xp so the dog can work longer and we get more benefits from the treats cause after lvl 50 dog i dont buy treats so if they do that i well keeep buy treats , even at lvl 50 dog they got tired very fast like 1 game and he is out useless.

Return to “Dog suggestions”