Pointer choosing what to track

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Zachath

Pointer choosing what to track

Post by Zachath »

I love hunting with my pointer its some of the most fun I've had in this game, but when hunting felines it can be troublesome when you're trying to track a cat and then your dog finds a deer.

Since there is no "Track Felines" option you are forced to track Deer and Felines at the same time,
which can be very frustrating when you are following your dog that's going in the direction of a cat only to lead you to a doe!

On any other animal you can find them easy "Track Foxes, Geese and Coyote" you will almost never find anything other than what you're looking for, the same cannot be said for Felines.

On every map felines inhabit there is also deer species and they are vastly more common, there for you will more often find deer when searching for cats.

So my question is can we get "Track Felines" separated from "Track Deer"?
it would make hunting them far more enjoyable.

Or maybe when you click the "track Deer/Felines" have another tab come up that gives you the option to track one or the other?
Dazakiwi34

Re: Pointer choosing what to track

Post by Dazakiwi34 »

Zachath wrote:I love hunting with my pointer its some of the most fun I've had in this game, but when hunting felines it can be troublesome when you're trying to track a cat and then your dog finds a deer.

Since there is no "Track Felines" option you are forced to track Deer and Felines at the same time,
which can be very frustrating when you are following your dog that's going in the direction of a cat only to lead you to a doe!

On any other animal you can find them easy "Track Foxes, Geese and Coyote" you will almost never find anything other than what you're looking for, the same cannot be said for Felines.

On every map felines inhabit there is also deer species and they are vastly more common, there for you will more often find deer when searching for cats.

So my question is can we get "Track Felines" separated from "Track Deer"?
it would make hunting them far more enjoyable.

Or maybe when you click the "track Deer/Felines" have another tab come up that gives you the option to track one or the other?
What about also for being specific to a track found yourself, what if what ever track you have on the Hunter Mate would become the dogs primary track (so long as it is within the dogs tracking parameters).
It could be the dog has to first come up to the player standing by the track on ground that matches the one active on the Hunter Mate before the dog begins to continue tracking that animal/track. This could only be doable at a certain level.

Return to “Dog suggestions”