Increase stay range / Send Dog Away

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Increase stay range / Send Dog Away

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

I'd like to suggest that you increase the range the player can move away from a dog in 'stay' position without it getting up and coming back. Like increasing it to drawing distance of 200m.
It's mentioned in many threads that the dog tends to spook animals and thereby upsets players when it leaves it's 'stay' stance. It would greatly increase the use of dogs ingame if they remained hidden until player calls them back in.

It would also help, maybe even more than my first suggestion, if players were able to send their dog away and call it back when needed. Like the dog given a command to despawn or spawn on the player again. Got this idea from an MMO my girl likes to play. But might not be appreciated by people who want total realism. And it might also cause problems with stuff in dog backpack while the dog is 'sent away'.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Increase stay range / Send Dog Away

Post by Pittie »

"Then you would don't need a dog". :shock: This is what I heard from the devs as I asked the same question after they reduced the stay distance from 150m to 70m.
So I do not see any chance that they will change it.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Increase stay range / Send Dog Away

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'd like this a lot. I think the issue is probably in the draw distance--if a dog reaches draw distance and goes beyond that it might cause serious problems. But I'd much prefer a farther "stay."

Return to “Dog suggestions”