auto retrieving

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Granti
Hunter

auto retrieving

Post by Granti »

in the moment the plus for having a retrieving dog is not that huge when you have to give an order for each animal. especially with duck hunting it would be a great thing to have an auto retrieving option. for example: give the order once and dog collects every animal in the area.

anyone else for this?
Pittie
Hunter

Re: auto retrieving

Post by Pittie »

Good idea. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Never thought about an option like this but I see and agree with your point.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

personaly i think the whole proccess could be streamlines by A)allow the dog to bring birds into the blind or B) let us harvest them when they are dropped just outside. getting in an out the blind is the most tedious part
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Not a bad idea :) i would love to add to the idea of auto collect for the dog to auto get out of the blind and start running towards the first falling duck while its still falling down the moment he/she hear my gun shot :o this way, we just gain bit of time for him to collect all the falling ones before the new wave of ducks appear.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yup I agree!! Also L3M182 idea about the blind interaction is spot on. Just let the hunter mate harvest from in the blind :)

Auto retrieve... YES PLEASE :D
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Auto retrieve and blind interaction, both are good ideas that would improve the dog's behavior, this could be set gradually with the level of the dog ?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Some very good ideas here - I like auto collect and bringing them into the blind. But we need a quick way to instruct the dog to take a break from auto retrieving in case another wave of ducks/geese comes in.
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Some very good ideas here - I like auto collect and bringing them into the blind. But we need a quick way to instruct the dog to take a break from auto retrieving in case another wave of ducks/geese comes in.
Maybe if the hunter start using duck caller to lure ducks, the dog sit where he/she is and after the hunter fire some shots, the dog start retrieving ducks again!

That was just a quick suggestion!

Anyways, I don't have a retriever and I don't care if this feature implement! :lol: :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:But we need a quick way to instruct the dog to take a break from auto retrieving in case another wave of ducks/geese comes in.

Would you not use the command to get the dog back into the blind anyway? It would then stay there until you give the auto collect command again.

Return to “Dog suggestions”