Dogs for different hunting sessions

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Nfaltin

Dogs for different hunting sessions

Post by Nfaltin »

Hello, just started playing this game and i really like it. Me, myself is a hunter Irl, and the thing i really think that this game lacks.. Is the non focus on driven hunts? I live in sweden, and here the driven hunts with dogs are one of the main focuses. I have dogs myself and it would be a real enhance to this game if dogs where more included as a hunting form.

You could have three types of dogs:
- Driven hunt dog / For Wildboar, feral hogs, deers etc. You can either release it on already discovered tracks, or the dog itself(depending on level) can find tracks itself by searching in the wide spectrum(also increasing per lvl). This kind of dog should have a search on around 100-250m when high lvl has achived. Maybe a search on 50-60 m as lvl 5. Should hunt a animal maybe 5 minutes Ingame in a pretty fast phase.
- Driven hunt dog / A hound, that hunts rabbits, fox, cougar etc. These as the same as above, either you release it on tracks, or the dog finds the tracks. All depending on level and how wide the dogs can search and stick to the animal. This kind of dogs should have a wide search when high lvl has been achived. Maybe up to 600m. Should be hunting the animal in around 20 minutes ingame in a relative slow phase/half fast phase.
- Standing hunt dog / A dog, northen europan hund dog, who hunt moose/elk, every animal that has the ability to stand still when a dog is barking at it. And the higher the lvl of the dog the faster the dog can get the animal to stop and stand still, and the higher the bark gets etc. This hunting method is more for singel player or a few multiplayers so you can sneak up to the dog and the standing Elk and shot it at relative close range. This dog should have a really wide search when high lvl has been achived, maybe up to 1,500m or so. Should be hunt a animal for about 1 hour ingame.

And the higher lvl the dogs achived, the better they listen when you whistle they off when they are hunting a animal etc.

Pictures of the dogs:
Dog for wildboar, feral hogs, deers etc.
Dog for rabbits, fox, cougars
Dog for moose, elk etc.

Maybe the dev team is already working on something like this, otherwise it would be nice to get the dev teams input on this.

Over 'n out.
lucasfridell97an

Re: Dogs for different hunting sessions

Post by lucasfridell97an »

i agree with you in everything, i also live in sweden and love hunts with driven dogs and so on, i miss it in the hunter :(
Marko391

Re: Dogs for different hunting sessions

Post by Marko391 »

I live in Estonia and what do you think when the moose and elk dog is like that https://goo.gl/images/ZcsMes
This dog is grate to hunt wild boar and feral hog to.

Return to “Dog suggestions”