Feed dogs with Mushrooms

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Feed dogs with Mushrooms

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi. :)
Tonight i was hunting in SC and i see a mushroom. That moment i like to give the mushroom to my dog as a treat.
I bought a treat with gm$ but i don't carry it with me.

So, i think that would be perfect if we could give those mushrooms to our dogs as a treat and give them extra XP!

What do you think guys? ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
mikeman1
Scout

Re: Feed dogs with Mushrooms

Post by mikeman1 »

Not sure about the nutritional value, but watching your dog fly through the air catching birds would be awesome! Especially the reddish ones with the flat tops ;)
Code: Select all

DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I'd steer clear of in any way encouraging people to even think about feeding their dogs amanita muscaria, or any other wild mushroom for that matter. Safe mushrooms and toxic mushrooms can be extremely difficult to distinguish from one another, and they can grow side-by-side.

These particular dogs are fake so obviously we could feed them mushrooms without problems, but the stupidity of humans is endless.
homk
MichaelR

Post by MichaelR »

DonderDeer wrote:I'd steer clear of in any way encouraging people to even think about feeding their dogs amanita muscaria, or any other wild mushroom for that matter. Safe mushrooms and toxic mushrooms can be extremely difficult to distinguish from one another, and they can grow side-by-side.

These particular dogs are fake so obviously we could feed them mushrooms without problems, but the stupidity of humans is endless.
Well, the devs were pretty hesitant with adding bison so it would make sense imo.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

DonderDeer wrote:I'd steer clear of in any way encouraging people to even think about feeding their dogs amanita muscaria, or any other wild mushroom for that matter. Safe mushrooms and toxic mushrooms can be extremely difficult to distinguish from one another, and they can grow side-by-side.

(cough . . . I wasn't talking about feeding them to the dog . . .) 8-)
Code: Select all

Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

Exaggerating maybe ? :?
HOSSEIN.D wrote: .....So, i think that would be perfect if we could give those mushrooms to our dogs as a treat and give them extra XP!
What do you think guys? ;)
It has been brought up more than once, we need/would like to make those mushrooms usable for something (maybe trade them for hog and bear bait), as it is now, they are (along with artifacts) useless collectibles that you pick more or less accidentally during the usual tracking.
Unfortunately the devs. already stated that there is possibility some people would deliberately lower their graphic settings just to grind over those collectibles = getting something for free = never going to happen.

Personally i would be happy if we could trade collectibles for 1 Gm$ (guess the average player could earn 2-3 thousands per year which is insignificant amount) and i can`t imagine the grinder that would waste days or months to collect what is barely enough to buy a large pack of dog treats.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Not exaggerating at all. Even "safe" mushrooms like common porcini can cause adverse reactions in dogs. Dogs have allergies to them just like some humans do.

But do we really need an actual use for them? I don't think it's necessary personally.
homk
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

DonderDeer wrote:Not exaggerating at all. Even "safe" mushrooms like common porcini can cause adverse reactions in dogs. Dogs have allergies to them just like some humans do.

But do we really need an actual use for them? I don't think it's necessary personally.
Never heard of a pixel being allergic. You took the OP (which is just an idea/suggestion to make those mushrooms kinda useful) and throw it completely out of the game context as an act of human stupidity. ;)

Anyway.......no one was ever (whenever it was brought up) talking about the necessity of those collectibles being useful. Half of the items have no actual in-game use e.g. non-camo clothing - but people still wear them to look nice/different - which makes those clothes useful for something.
The collectibles have no use at all - zero, none. They are absolutely useless.
Adding a reason/reward (even a smallest one) that would make picking up yet another mushroom, coin, feather.... somehow useful, would be just a welcomed change and would add additional objective/points of interest to our usual hunting activities.
I can`t see a downside of it.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I acknowledged that mushrooms won't hurt the game dogs. I am simply saying that it's not exactly a good idea to make people think it's okay to feed their real dogs poison and EW probably doesn't want to be in that position.

For me, they aren't useless. I enjoy seeing and collecting them. I think that's enough personally. If you don't, that's cool too.
homk
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Why not make something usefull for dog with the mushroms? collect 1 mushrom and Doc gives you 1 dog treat(made of dog food not mushrom) so the colletables could have a practical value.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Dog suggestions”