I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
RogerYar
Tracker

I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs

Post by RogerYar »

The sound of footsteps, the sound of breathing is now quite loud. And retriever a tramp, like a deer weighing 150 kg. I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs. It's not about barking. Bark volume can be left as is
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs

Post by VonStratos »

As new dog ower i agree, it sound too loud even when is far, hope this get re evaluated in the future.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Their pretty loud, but my own breathing and walking is too loud also.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Please for the love of God and everything holy quiet my scent hound please! It sounds as if she has some breathing disorder like asthma or bronchitis. This can be so annoying when you're trying to listen for the sounds of other animals. Just last night I was in a tree stand and I could still hear her breathing from 20m away. I don't know how scent hounds are irl but none of the dogs I've had in the past were ever that loud unless they were sick. I agree with jeff1963 also about our own breathing, it does seem a bit loud. Respectfully requesting a review of these issues. Thank You.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

Their loudness aside, please fix their pathfinding. I'm sick of having the dog criss crossing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME all the damn time, either stopping my stride or diverting, or I'm walking ON the dog. It's annoying.

But yeah, the volume of the dog could be toned down a few notches, like they said above I can't hear anything but the panting breathing of it.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Zaitzev82 wrote:Their loudness aside, please fix their pathfinding. I'm sick of having the dog criss crossing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME all the damn time, either stopping my stride or diverting, or I'm walking ON the dog. It's annoying.
And if you forget to tell your dog to "stay" before you're going down on your belly to aim at a target, it's gonna sit right in front of you so can't fire your gun !! :( :evil:

Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

strandjutter wrote:And if you forget to tell your dog to "stay" before you're going down on your belly to aim at a target, it's gonna sit right in front of you so can't fire your gun !! :( :evil:
They could very well make it so that I can signal the dog while prone, looking through binos or scopes, or any other such dumb limitation. i find myself having my dog STAY as I stalk an animal, letting it catch up to me (or try to) when I'm far enough out. If not, the dog tends to keep walking between me and the animal I'm about to shoot.

It'd be nice if you had a HEEL command too, so it actually walked on your heel and not circling around you like an untrained dog.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Zaitzev82 wrote:They could very well make it so that I can signal the dog while prone, looking through binos or scopes, or any other such dumb limitation. i find myself having my dog STAY as I stalk an animal, letting it catch up to me (or try to) when I'm far enough out. If not, the dog tends to keep walking between me and the animal I'm about to shoot.
I'm sure they could, but those commands right now trigger animations, and there are none for the prone position. So either the animations would need to be created for prone position, or they would have to forego the animations, which would obviously have an immersion impact for those who enjoy multiplayer. As for giving commands when using binoculars (to use your example) the same dilemma applies. Another set of animations would be required, or animations would need to take a back seat. I can't imagine them investing time in creating all those additional animations, so the question is whether the developers want to allow commands to be issued without associated animations. I'm not disagreeing with your suggestion, there are definitely tweaks required for the dogs, but I doubt this is one that will happen for the reasons I mentioned.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I believe most of the dog commands have a fairly unique whistle? I wouldn't mind forgoing animations for different situations as long as those whistles remain unique. Of all the real dogs I've hunted with, they will respond to unique sounds just as easily as hand signals, and this is especially true with bird dogs in thick brush or tall grass where the dog can't always see the owner.

For the most part, the dogs sounds don't bother me. That said, there is ONE sound loop for the scent hound specifically when you tell it to stay (it isn't every time, so I'm convinced there must be different sound loops and it randomly picks one to play when the dog stays) where it is straight up slobbering and panting hard. It can be heard from much farther out than all the other loops and it is especially gross and annoying. It's actually the particular loop that sounds exactly like an approaching grey wolf in the game. It can be "fixed" by telling the dog to come than telling it to stay again, hopefully with the game picking a different sound loop the second time. But I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared from the game or at least saw a large reduction in volume.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Can confirm, dog moves very loud.
If i hunt, i hunt without dog.

Return to “Dog suggestions”