I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: I propose to reduce the volume of the sounds of dogs

Post by TheSheWolf »

The scent hound is FINE how it is, but the retriever by comparison is surprisingly loud, yes. Runs like a horse.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

xOEDragonx wrote: For the most part, the dogs sounds don't bother me. That said, there is ONE sound loop for the scent hound specifically when you tell it to stay (it isn't every time, so I'm convinced there must be different sound loops and it randomly picks one to play when the dog stays) where it is straight up slobbering and panting hard. It can be heard from much farther out than all the other loops and it is especially gross and annoying.
I forgot to mention that in my earlier rant, it's only when I command my hound to stay that this loud annoying breathing takes place. The other sounds my scent hound makes do not bother me.

Zaitzev82 wrote:Their loudness aside, please fix their pathfinding. I'm sick of having the dog criss crossing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME all the damn time, either stopping my stride or diverting, or I'm walking ON the dog. It's annoying.
I agree with this statement also. The only time I want my hound in front of me is when she's tracking. I wish she would stay at least 5m away from me and not under my feet. Just a thought.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Seifer wrote:
Zaitzev82 wrote:Their loudness aside, please fix their pathfinding. I'm sick of having the dog criss crossing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME all the damn time, either stopping my stride or diverting, or I'm walking ON the dog. It's annoying.
I agree with this statement also. The only time I want my hound in front of me is when she's tracking. I wish she would stay at least 5m away from me and not under my feet. Just a thought.
Agreed. But the devs thought that we want to see our dog more frequently.
The best moments are for me when I went prone aiming at an animal and instead of firing, I just lower the weapon to realise that my dog got bored where I made him lay down and wait and he's happily sitting right in front of my muzzle.
That moment I send silent prayers to the devs above "please, please, please let me shoot my dog!"
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Knut wrote:Agreed. But the devs thought that we want to see our dog more frequently.
The best moments are for me when I went prone aiming at an animal and instead of firing, I just lower the weapon to realise that my dog got bored where I made him lay down and wait and he's happily sitting right in front of my muzzle.
That moment I send silent prayers to the devs above "please, please, please let me shoot my dog!"
We do see our dogs when they're tracking a wounded animal ;) If I want to see my dog I can turn to look at her or occasionally I'll free look to see her running beside me but when she gets under my feet makes me want to kick her. I've tried many times to shoot her with no success after she sits down in front of my rifle while trying to shoot at an animal.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Maybe they'll give you guys the option to stuff it and shove it in your trophy lodge lol
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

TurboKid wrote:Maybe they'll give you guys the option to stuff it and shove it in your trophy lodge lol
I'd retire my dogs that way, if only to reduce the amount of scent hounds I have in my inventory, haha.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Hi all.

The scent hound is ok.

The retriever darts forward 2 to 3 meters and stops dead in its tracks, and does the same left/right in front of you (really bad when your walking not to bad crouch),
its sounds is way over the top its louder than the players char....its like a skeleton trying to get off a hot tin roof.

Got my retriever to level 25 but can not take it any more, its needs redoing to bring it inline with the scent hound.....yes I know will never happen unless they can charge us again!.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Yeah, I bring my retriever only for blind hunting, it's way too annoying to have it tag along for stalking
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Dog suggestions”