Auto Counter Charge/Aggression

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Perhaps not a charge per se but show of aggression. Although a charge would be cool. My idea is if an animal gets into a charge/attack state. Then the dog will show aggression towards that animal. Just aggressive barks and stance would be fine. Give this a scalable percentage to scare off the attacker. The percentage of success could go up with your dog's hunting experience. It could add a bit more immersion and bonding with your pooch.
Ugly Pete
Tracker

Re: Auto Counter Charge/Aggression

Post by Ugly Pete »

That would ge cool, I swear I heard my dog laughing the last time I got ambushed by a hog. :lol:
goose34
Spotter

Post by goose34 »

I would love that, I'm. Tired of getting hit by moose lol
"See it in the cross hairs, Squeeze the trigger, *click*, forgot to load the gun" :roll: :lol:
Mwall
Tracker

Post by Mwall »

My husband would like this he is all ways being knocked down by a moose :lol:
I think this would be a great Idea :)
One time I had my hound laying down while I crawled in to position for a deer shot and she started to bark I looked up and a Bear was coming down towards me I shot and killed it thanks to her I was not attacked by it.
I don't know if it was a fluke or not but it sure would be nice if they could worn us of impending doom.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Sounds like a good idea. When I was younger, more than once my grandpa's dog saved me from some mean old bull.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

It would be an excellent Idea. A couple of months ago a moose attacked me. Hit the first aid and when I got up my dog LIl Bruiser was going 50 mph away from it all. What a guy. :lol:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Just yesterday I had my new, untrained dog along with me at WRR. A bison prepared to charge me. I had the .454 all ready, as usual, and as it was just taking off towards me my dog stepped in front of it. Now I can't shoot & the bison is bumping into the dog. Just as I let up a little the dog did too & I was mauled.
Needless to say I was cussing that blasted dog out big time. :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
smappisith

Post by smappisith »

they are already set to auto prune I think. But its more like 6 months...
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I put my dog on Sit the moment I realize an animal is about to charge, anyway, because I've had the idiot dog run right into my line of sight, block my defensive shot and get me "killed" :lol:

I have noticed that even a well-trained dog will sometimes bark when a hostile/potentially-charging animal is coming up and I'm unaware of it, though. She has saved my bacon more than once in that way.

Return to “Dog suggestions”