Would like a command that lets me physically pet the dog.

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
inaim25

Re: Would like a command that lets me physically pet the dog.

Post by inaim25 »

xAncalagonx wrote:Games are horrible at having two different animated objects interact properly.

I don't want to pet a dog and see hand glitch through his head like our arms glitch through the stock of our rifles.

Also don't want to see the dog, or myself, magically teleport to be in the "right spot" so the animation can complete successfully.

I get that petting dogs would be nice, but it's a lot of technicalities that need to be worked out for something rather irrelevant for a hunting game.

Giving it a treat is plenty for me.

I'd rather see the dog have some more dog-like animations, such as shaking off the water after it has been swimming, or sitting down to scratch himself with the hind legs, or randomly sniffing a tree or something when he's in "free mode" and not actually tracking or retrieving. Those things would make the dog seem more alive and thus make the experience more immersive.

I love to pet a dog IRL, but in a game there's like 50 other things with the dog I would prioritize above petting.

But that's just my opinion.
Very clear you point of view.. I agree with you

Jex_TE
Scout

Post by Jex_TE »

xAncalagonx wrote:Games are horrible at having two different animated objects interact properly.

I don't want to pet a dog and see hand glitch through his head like our arms glitch through the stock of our rifles.

Also don't want to see the dog, or myself, magically teleport to be in the "right spot" so the animation can complete successfully.

I get that petting dogs would be nice, but it's a lot of technicalities that need to be worked out for something rather irrelevant for a hunting game.

Giving it a treat is plenty for me.

I'd rather see the dog have some more dog-like animations, such as shaking off the water after it has been swimming, or sitting down to scratch himself with the hind legs, or randomly sniffing a tree or something when he's in "free mode" and not actually tracking or retrieving. Those things would make the dog seem more alive and thus make the experience more immersive.

I love to pet a dog IRL, but in a game there's like 50 other things with the dog I would prioritize above petting.

But that's just my opinion.
No not at all. There's nothing hard about making it right and considering the price we paid for them, it's not a massive thing to ask for. On what planet does anyone own a dog you can't pet? The "treat" was put in as just another cash grab (as is the usual MO of TH) and that could have been a pet on the head except it means more work whereas the treat is easy and you have to buy them.

Don't give me the "it's a small team" either - The Forest has a dev team of 15 and charge £10.99 and the stuff they've put in there is amazing.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

I agree, The treat is nice but i find it stupid that the dog wont understand the treat command, what dog refuse a treat, ever
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

waiora wrote:I agree, The treat is nice but i find it stupid that the dog wont understand the treat command, what dog refuse a treat, ever
A very posh dog maybe :)

maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

That would be simply amazing!!!!
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
salevar101

Post by salevar101 »

please! Also make it so if you do it after the dog makes a good retrieve or obeys a command it gets a bonus to its XP!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

salevar101 wrote:please! Also make it so if you do it after the dog makes a good retrieve or obeys a command it gets a bonus to its XP!
That's what the dog treats are for, so I doubt EW will introduce a variant that's completely free.
Image Image Image
GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

Yep, big + from me :)
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!

Return to “Dog suggestions”