Tracker

Re: why cant i shoot and kill my dog

Post by testbreaker »

PETA does not approve of this thread :lol: :lol:
xyl
Scout

Post by xyl »

when I was a young kid about 10 I pointed a .410 shotgun at my dog. I don't know why but just did. My father caught me and I got my a.. kicked. Opened the action and it was loaded with a round in the chamber. Thank God I didn't pull the trigger. Every time I pick up this gun my mind goes back to that day. You need a hug. 8-)
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

I'm sure if you email support, they can remove the dog from your inventory if you've had enough of it.
testbreaker wrote:PETA does not approve of this thread :lol: :lol:
I'm sure they'd be even more disturbed about hunters gut shooting animals so that their dogs could level up quicker.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

caledonianblues wrote:
knott wrote:No the dog would respawn next hunt or you need to go to the cabin.

I don´t care much about that feature at all doesn´t matter if it´s possible or not but sure you would have to think twice where your dog are before taking a shot or navigating a steep cliff in Val des Bois if the dog has fall damage. btw can the dog climb ropes or do you carry it up when going for ibex? In multiplayer no way you can allow this. Don´t give a chance for trolls to shoot your dog.
So go to the effort of coding the added realism of being able to shoot the dog but make it unrealistically spawn back at the lodge? Sounds like another example of "I want it to be realistic, but not too realistic that it inconveniences or costs me money". How about just leaving it as it is? It seems to work fine.
It´s not about realism it´s about gameplay. There is more realistic hunting simulations then the Hunter if realism is the primary goal.

One benefit of games like this is you can remove the dull and booring stuff of the real deal. For example when I do simracing I am not sitting in a flameproof suit with helmet and security belt and all as there is a virtual crash don´t have the same consequences as a real one. I want all the great stuff try to use as realistic controls and monitors I can find but I choose not to simulate the entire experience.

If I crash in a racing simulation I can start the race again. If it´s an online race of course I lost the race but I still get new chances. I don´t pay for the damages personally.
I have never in my entire simracing career heard the discussion we should pay for the damages to make it more realistic. Yet not just from you it´s suggested we should pay for stuff that cost real money IRL. But this is a game not RL and I don´t love paying for stuff IRL either ;)

So to make the dog realistically vulnerable which is not that hard to code could benefit gameplay and make you treat your dog more realistically. I forgot also how about the dog could be attacked by the animals seeing it as a threat? Would be very realistic a lot of hunting dogs dies that way and you get the chance to save the dogs life by be able to circumvene. I have died several times being mauled while my dog do nothing to help me so would be cool if the dog could try to intervene or at least bark to give me a headsup if I miss something close. I guess I want a hunting/scent dog hybrid :p

But yeah I can see it make sense not making the dog immortal. I mean I try to take care of it if it´s immortal I don´t really have to :)
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

Exanimis wrote:I think they should make everything killable so that when people shoot their dog they realize that not they will have to buy a new one and when people shoot their hunting friends it should delete the dead persons account. We would really see how friendly this forum could be then. While they are at it they could add a trip animation so that sometimes people could shoot themselves.
If you shoot your friend while pheasant hunting, will EW give you the US Vice President "Cheney Award"?
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

phil1 wrote:I'm sure if you email support, they can remove the dog from your inventory if you've had enough of it.
testbreaker wrote:PETA does not approve of this thread :lol: :lol:
I'm sure they'd be even more disturbed about hunters gut shooting animals so that their dogs could level up quicker.
Leave it to PETA to get upset about a game.

Return to “Dog suggestions”