Let level 50 dogs bring birds inside the blind! PLS DEvS

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Let level 50 dogs bring birds inside the blind! PLS DEvS

Post by Manu5Ahau »

My rl dog brings the birds inside the blind. Would be cool if the in-game dog does this also.
I don't love it that i have to go outside the blind every time to get my birds that the dog fetches. It is an annoying hopping in and out when i am shooting birds.
So if the dog reaches lvl 50 let him bring the birds in the blind please. You can let go of the "get in/get out off the blind" command. When the player gets in or out the blind the dog follows automatically. Change that command into a "heel command" to make him sit or follow at your left leg when standing,walking, crouching or running around. When you stop the dog should stop also.

Also my rl dog: after obeying every given command he comes and sit at my left leg waiting for his next command looking in the same direction i am facing. The in-game dog is going everywhere. This would also be a great thing if you could do something about that.

1 other thing: If given a new command the dog should be stopping immediately what he is doing and follow up on the newly given command. example: you send your dog on a long run fetching a bird and suddenly a new flock is flying in. If you give the command "come here" he should directly lay down the bird that he was fetching and come back in the blind with you to sit at your left leg ignoring every formerly given commands and wait for the next command.

Hey devs i know this is a difficult task but it would make the in-game dogs so much more fun ans add a realistic touch to the gameplay. I love the fact that you brought dogs into this fantastic game.

Hoping to hear from the devs on this matter.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Let level 50 dogs bring birds inside the blind! PLS DEvS

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Cool idea :)

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

even just being able to confirm the kills he drops outside the blind from inside would do me. and agree with a new command over riding an old one instantly. good ideas here.

id like to see some kind of consumable that give the dog a stamina boost for a period of time. atm my dog gets winded and pretty unruly after about 15 birds and that can be very early in a duck hunting session for some.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

A rl dog has a learning curve and some commands you don't have to give no more after a while. He does them automatically.

My in-game one is now lvl 41, if lvl 50 is reached i would like to see some great new abilities or the possibility to add more to what he can learn.
The in-game one would be immediately disqualified in every rl dog competition.

Return to “Dog suggestions”