Toys (Fowl dummies, balls, etc.) and Treats

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
EvanWeeks

Toys (Fowl dummies, balls, etc.) and Treats

Post by EvanWeeks »

I would love to have a training dummy or ball I could toss for my retriever, maybe even let her earn 25% xp for grabbing it.

I would also LOVE to be able to reward my dog with treats, maybe have it boost XP gains by 15-20% for 20-30 minutes, seeing as it's a positive reinforcement of good behavior.

Apologies if these have been suggested already. I searched and didn't find any mention (unless tangential), and wanted to make sure they were heard.
TheHuntsman85

Re: Toys (Fowl dummies, balls, etc.) and Treats

Post by TheHuntsman85 »

+1 Funny ideas! :-)
EvanWeeks

Re: Toys (Fowl dummies, balls, etc.) and Treats

Post by EvanWeeks »

Looks like the "treats" part got implemented today. :)

I would rather see a small XP percentage boost than the small fixed amount that we're seeing... so basically the dog gets a % of whatever the last successful action's XP was. So, treats for laying down would generate less XP than a treat following a successful fetch.

If they REALLY want to get technical and fun with this, though, they'd do a command-affinity system, wherein the dog becomes predisposed to rapidly and accurately obey a commonly-rewarded command, whereas they might hesitate or disobey a less-practiced or less-rewarded command. That way it'd mirror the real world of training a hunting dog a little better. They get really good at obeying the commands they hear a lot and get rewarded for. :)

Return to “Dog suggestions”