Pretrained Dogs or Doggy School

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
BigRod

Pretrained Dogs or Doggy School

Post by BigRod »

I've been reading all the latest comments on Dogs and I think EW overlooked one possible source of income and make dog ownership a lot more appealing.
Offer Doc's Doggy School.
It could work like this:
1 week cost $100 em and your dog will be auto trained to level 10
2 week cost $200 em and your dog will be auto trained to level 20
3 week cost $300 em and your dog will be auto trained to level 30
4 week cost $400 em and your dog will be auto trained to level 40
5 week cost $500 em and your dog will be auto trained to level 50
Purchase a fully trained dog would cost $1499 em.
If your dog is already at a certain level, then purchasing a specific week of training will upgrade your dog by adding that amount of levels to your existing level.
For example: My dog is at level 31 and I want him fully trained (lvl 50). I would purchase a 2 week training for $200 em (20 levels) and my dog would now be fully trained.

Your thoughts appreciated.
jcwolves

Re: Pretrained Dogs or Doggy School

Post by jcwolves »

While this is a decent idea, I think the prices wouldn't work. The graph for leveling is exponential, meaning the higher level your dog is, the longer it would take to hit the next level. While to lvl 10, 100 may be enough, 200, 400, and doubling up or more would be more realistic. I have a feeling this idea has crossed the Devs' minds, but the issue involved is, would anyone *actually* pay $1600-2000 ems for a fully trained dog? Also... your 5 week cost is 500 to lvl 50 or 1499 for fully trained... both are the same value. The prices would have to be high to encourage manual leveling as well as auto leveling. It would have to be an exponential cost increase to match the exponential time requirement to manual leveling to keep it even remotely fair for all players, p2w or not. Just my two cents. The idea isn't bad, but I doubt it would be able to be implemented soon.

Return to “Dog suggestions”