Heel command

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
EthanZ

Re: Heel command

Post by EthanZ »

+1, walking to heel is one of the most important commands to teach a dog, to maintain close control and reinforce who is the boss - now if someone could teach my recalcitrant greyhound this skill I will give them her weight in shiny trinkets :)
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

A heel command would be great, Pippin always runs ahead of me, it would be great is she stayed beside me. So far she hasn't spooked anything but I imagine that will change.
RagingRabbit
Spotter

Post by RagingRabbit »

+1

I never use any other commond but "Fetch", since all the other commands seem to be useless to me (and even the fetching seems to be worse with every level she gains, but this hopefully is just a feeling). When hunting geese she can stay outside the Blind, since they don't care about her at all, not even foxes cared about her no matter if she's trotting around, barking, sitting or being stuck on the outside of the GB, looking like she's trying to walk like a Human :roll:
If there would be any interaction between the Deer/Birds and the Dog, I would love to have the "Heel" command to keep her close to me while I'm crouching towards some big game or something... To this point I'm over any euphoria about the Dog, it's pretty useless to me. Nice to look at and to have a companion with you, but nothing much else.
Went a bit OffTopic here, sorry for that :)
Nuddle
Spotter

Post by Nuddle »

+1

Great suggestion!
jcwolves

Post by jcwolves »

+1 I think a ton of folks in the community agree its a good idea
Rocky83