Copper Nosed Beagles for rabbits

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Ranracer12

Copper Nosed Beagles for rabbits

Post by Ranracer12 »

I am an avid rabbit hunter and these are great beagles for rabbits, used them for years. Also, the rabbits in "thehunter" should be in brush piles as well. Nothing extravagant but make some brush piles where you can step on them and try to get something to jump. This would be the best little touch>> When you jump a rabbit (using dogs) they always run some form of circle back to where you first jump them. ADD THAT!

Lets see some squirrels too. In the trees!

Grouse!

28ga
410ga

I'll just stop there for now ;)
Smokeye
Hunter

Re: Copper Nosed Beagles for rabbits

Post by Smokeye »

+100 I agree!! I want Blackcreek Beagles for cottontails !!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ranracer12 wrote:I am an avid rabbit hunter and these are great beagles for rabbits, used them for years. Also, the rabbits in "thehunter" should be in brush piles as well. Nothing extravagant but make some brush piles where you can step on them and try to get something to jump. This would be the best little touch>> When you jump a rabbit (using dogs) they always run some form of circle back to where you first jump them. ADD THAT!

Lets see some squirrels too. In the trees!

Grouse!

28ga
410ga

I'll just stop there for now ;)
What would the squirrels do? just watch grouse watching the beagle chase the rabbit? :lol:

All kidding aside.

Great Idea !!!!
Last edited by gas56 on June 12th, 2015, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

Does it have to be so specific? I mean, is there that big a difference between beagles, especially just based on color? Copper nose is just a color as far as I understand, although I could be wrong as beagles are not an area of specialty for me.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

KnifeSmile wrote:Does it have to be so specific? I mean, is there that big a difference between beagles, especially just based on color? Copper nose is just a color as far as I understand, although I could be wrong as beagles are not an area of specialty for me.
A copper nose or liver color nose come on the chocolate tri-color beagle.
YES, but it would be variety. Just like the 3 colored Retrievers ;)
Typical Tri-Colors, Chocolate Tri, Hare Pied, Silver, Lemon and White, Red and White, Tan and White, Merle

http://www.crbeagles.com/misc/beagle_colors.htm
Last edited by gas56 on June 12th, 2015, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Beagles are vicious little beasts. They all have rabies, distemper, flees, ticks, and a bunch of other nasty things.

--Signed, Bowie
(The IRL yellow Lab, and the in-game one) :D......Yes, that's my picture on the left, aren't I gorgeous !!!
Last edited by Fletchette on June 12th, 2015, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

gas56 wrote:
KnifeSmile wrote:Does it have to be so specific? I mean, is there that big a difference between beagles, especially just based on color? Copper nose is just a color as far as I understand, although I could be wrong as beagles are not an area of specialty for me.
Typical Tri-Colors, Chocolate Tri, Hare Pied, Silver, Lemon and White, Red and White, Tan and White, Merle

Oh, well yeah, of course I'd expect variation as with the labs. What I meant was, the OP seemed to be suggesting that they specifically wanted that type because it was superior at the job. Maybe that's just something I read into it though?
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

KnifeSmile wrote:
gas56 wrote:

Oh, well yeah, of course I'd expect variation as with the labs. What I meant was, the OP seemed to be suggesting that they specifically wanted that type because it was superior at the job. Maybe that's just something I read into it though?
The copper nose or liver colored nose is from the chocolate tri-color beagle, that really doesn't make a difference of how good a beagle can hunt.
It's about the same as saying a kennel Name beagle, like Kershaws , that is not a color type of beagle but "Hare Pied" is.

Return to “Dog suggestions”