New New Dogs (Updated included suggested dogs)

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here

What Dog Breeds Would you like to see in thehunter?

Australian Cattle Dog
2%
Australian Kelpie
1%
Beagle
10%
BloodHound
8%
Bull Arab
1%
Cane Corso
1%
Coonhounds
5%
Curs
1%
Dachshund
4%
Dogo Argentino
1%
English Setter
6%
English Springer Spainel
5%
German Shepard
6%
Foxhound
6%
Harrier
1%
Hungarian Vizla
3%
German Shorthaired Pointers
9%
Jack Russell
4%
Karelin Beardog
3%
Munsterlander
2%
Norweigan Elkhound
7%
PitBull
2%
Pointer
9%
Other (PLease comment what species and why)
2%

Total votes: 508
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: New New Dogs (Updated included suggested dogs)

Post by caledonianblues »

Although not on the list, my vote would be for a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.
Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

caledonianblues wrote:Although not on the list, my vote would be for a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.
Nice choice, I have actually seen one working and it was a real eye opener.
Dzsindzsaman

Post by Dzsindzsaman »

DHRifleman wrote:
Lawger wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Tracking better than the player can do = pay to win. Don't count on it
Then so is a caller, or camo clothing, or scent killer, or the rangefinder bowscope, or basically any piece of equipment that you can buy to make hunting a bit easier (which is pretty much anything in the store). Your argument seems both old and irrelevant. If we can pay for something that makes the animals come to us, why shouldn't we be able to pay for something which makes tracking a wounded animal easier? Especially since dogs are always used for that IRL.
Everything you listed may make getting to the animal easier, but it does not make harvesting it easier. The only way you win a comp is by harvesting an a winning animal. Often the tracks are buried, and the player can't see them. Now the dog isn't going to look for domes, it will follow what ever it is coded to do. If it can do this better than the player, it is pay to win.
It may be old, but not irrelevant.

I think all you and the previous ones whom think that a bloodhound is P2W don't even know how that dogs work.

The hunter shots the animal there are three possible ending. Option A.) It is a clean kill you dont have to go a meter after the game. Option B.) You miss it completely, the animal is healthy and scared but not any injury at all. And the Terrible Option C.) You hit it, it bleeds but it is not dead, running away hundreds of meters and then hide somewhere.

The last option is where the bloodhound is used. The hunter puts the dog on the trail, the dogs follows the trail and when it finally finds the game , it will start barking. Usually the animal dont know what to do with the dog or the dog stops it completely.

If this type of dog is scripted correctly you wont be able to P2W. Because YOU have to track down the right animal, YOU have to shot it and finally YOU have to confirm it with the HM. If there arent a drop of blood, you can't use the dog. (IRL there are so well trained dogs that could find an animal without its blood, only just the scent is used. THIS would be P2W.)

The dog is only there to speed up the progress like the dog brings you the waterfowl...
mcbrocks
Spotter

Post by mcbrocks »

Rottweiler's because they are the best defense a man can get against any kind of wild animal ;p

cougarcat13

Post by cougarcat13 »

I would love Rhodesian Ridgebacks hunting cougars. Thanks.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

This is theHunter, not theKennelClub.
Spoiler:
wildmantom
Tracker

Post by wildmantom »

German shorthair is one of the World Class hunting dogs
Jarvinen

Post by Jarvinen »

I would like to see finnish hound in this game for drive hunting rabbits, foxes and roe deers
brockeod

Post by brockeod »

I would like to see Basset Hounds added one day. They are great small game dogs sue to there smell (2nd best in the world behind bloodhound) and their short legs and long ears allow them to pick up a scent and stay on it. Very good dogs for rabbit
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

I would just like my current dog to be able to do more than just retrieve dead things. My dog growing up could track and flush.

A dog that could track rabbits, and birds would be awesome. Point them out and make the cottontails or snowshow rabbits hunker down, and to find the European rabbit burrows. My lab I had growing up could track pheasants just fine!

Return to “Dog suggestions”