Pointer Glitch?

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
BiNonJay

Pointer Glitch?

Post by BiNonJay »

For the past day or so, my pointer is suddenly having what seems to be a pretty weird glitch. On any usual occasion, if I hit an animal but only injure it and it continues running, I can send my pointer back out and - because the animal hit is usually the one closest to us - she will typically immediately get back on its trail and point it when it stops fleeing. Starting since yesterday, however, she seems to not be recognizing an injured animal as an animal at all.

Example: Last night while hunting with a friend, I had shot and hit a grey fox. I had only managed to brush it on the body, because there was only one spot of blood. I sent my pointer (Jilda) out on it as I would usually do, and she couldn't seem to get track of it. I figured it must of died, but I kept her searching and followed along its trail. Fast forward to four hours later (not even joking about that). During those four hours, we had tracked said fox the whole way from one end of the map all the way down to the other and then halfway back up again. It had went from fleeing to roaming to fleeing at least three dozen times. Throughout this endeavor, there were no other foxes that had spawned within our vicinity - and i say this because I had her searching for them the whole time and found nothing, plus there was no sign of other foxes in the area). We had definitely gotten plenty close enough to the injured fox that Jilda should have been able to pick up on it multiple times, but she acted like it didn't even exist. At the end of the four hours, she finally got on a fox's trail and I figured she must've finally gotten the one I had injured, but whenever I looked as she pointed, it was a completely different fox that had spawned in the area. I took her off its trail and went back to looking at the original foxes tracks, and it had definitely been roaming around before she caught scent of the other fox and she should have been able to catch it. At that point I gave up because I wasn't about to comb up and down the map over and over for a fox that she wasn't picking up.

This has happened multiple more times since then, not only with foxes but with deer as well (foxes and deer have been the only things I've sent her on within the past few days). She is level 43, so it's not an inexperience issue. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Is this a known bug or glitch?
outrider1944
Tracker

Re: Pointer Glitch?

Post by outrider1944 »

this needs to be moved to the "help section"...is there a 'Mod" in the forum ???

outrider
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

outrider1944 wrote:this needs to be moved to the "help section"...is there a 'Mod" in the forum ???
This post is in the "Dog-related Bugs" section of the forum because it appears to be a dog-related bug (assuming it's intended that pointers should be able to search for even injured animals, which I don't see why they wouldn't be). If you have also experienced this bug and can provide any further insight or know a workaround that could help with it, please feel free to share it here.
outrider1944
Tracker

Post by outrider1944 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
outrider1944 wrote:this needs to be moved to the "help section"...is there a 'Mod" in the forum ???
This post is in the "Dog-related Bugs" section of the forum because it appears to be a dog-related bug (assuming it's intended that pointers should be able to search for even injured animals, which I don't see why they wouldn't be). If you have also experienced this bug and can provide any further insight or know a workaround that could help with it, please feel free to share it here.
your right..., but i am too, he's/she is asking for help, right ?

outrider
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Return to “Dog-related bugs”