Pointer unable to detect Reindeer on Hemmeldal?

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Pointer unable to detect Reindeer on Hemmeldal?

Post by Bumblewoot »

Hello EW,

Similar to my other post here about the Mule on Loggers (thanks for the fix btw) It appears that Pointer dogs are unable to detect reindeer in Hemmeldal. Is this intended? I am certain I was hunting Hemmeldal and the dog clearly was detecting and pointing at reindeer back then. About the same time that the detection of Mule deer was fixed and the Lynx was released I noticed that reindeer could not be detected.

I took a break from the game without reporting this change as I figured it would be discovered. In preparation for Rudolph I just now did a test with my level 46 pointer dog Buttercup and she failed to detect multiple reindeer multiple times at a range of under 100m.

Anyways, no biggy either way, I just thought I would ask.

Thanks!
xOEDragonx

Re: Pointer unable to detect Reindeer on Hemmeldal?

Post by xOEDragonx »

According to the release post for the German Pointers:
EW_Graham wrote: Your Pointer will always detect the closest animal of the type you commanded it to find. The radius of detection varies with skill. The animals you find with your dog are as follows:

Level 3: Bobcat and Deer (this doesn't include Moose/Elk)
Reindeer aren't listed as species the dogs won't find so I can only assume this is a bug that has been overlooked. I'll move this to the dog bug report section for you unless I discover anything that says otherwise.
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

xOEDragonx wrote:According to the release post for the German Pointers:
EW_Graham wrote: Your Pointer will always detect the closest animal of the type you commanded it to find. The radius of detection varies with skill. The animals you find with your dog are as follows:

Level 3: Bobcat and Deer (this doesn't include Moose/Elk)
Reindeer aren't listed as species the dogs won't find so I can only assume this is a bug that has been overlooked. I'll move this to the dog bug report section for you unless I discover anything that says otherwise.
Ok thanks!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Bumblewoot wrote: Ok thanks!
Included in today's Status Update with the announcement of the Holiday Event:

"Fixed so that Pointer Dogs can now track Reindeer with Tier 3 Detection active."

Now get out there and go find Ruldolph! :)
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Bumblewoot wrote: Ok thanks!
Included in today's Status Update with the announcement of the Holiday Event:

"Fixed so that Pointer Dogs can now track Reindeer with Tier 3 Detection active."

Now get out there and go find Ruldolph! :)
Wow! Guess they figured they should test that like I did with Rudolph coming. Nice! Thanks for letting me know. Have not gotten home to patch the game yet and look over the notes.

Cheers!

Return to “Dog-related bugs”