Scent Hound ?? [Blood Tracks Only]

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
abslayer
Master Competitor

Re: Scent Hound ?? [Blood Tracks Only]

Post by abslayer »

The most important feature of my hound ( TRACKING ) is not working
Can't track passed a bloody track is nuts.
A train dog put on a animals tracks wounded or NOT would track him to hell and back
The only thing that would break this trail and confuse the dog Is water period
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

abslayer wrote:The most important feature of my hound ( TRACKING ) is not working
A train dog put on a animals tracks wounded or NOT would track him to hell and back
+1 The dog is useless now. I hope they will change it back.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Scent Hound ??

Post by TheSheWolf »

Hawkeye wrote:Prior to the release of the Pointer, you could always put your scent hound back on the trail of a wounded animal with ANY track. You had to start him on a blood track, but once started, you could restart him on any other track. After the release of the Pointer, this changed
I can say 100% that this was NOT true for my dog. I was not, and never was, able to ever put her back onto any non-blood track. Are you CERTAIN this is how yours worked?
abslayer wrote:The most important feature of my hound ( TRACKING ) is not working
Even that won't. A trained tracking dog is NOT confused by water. It will look up and down the bank, then cross, and look up and down the bank there until it regains the track. Water does not "wash off" scent, it strengthens it--just think about how strongly a wet animal smells! In STILL water, with no wind, a dog could even still track a fresher scent over the water. Dogs are used to detect bodies that are under water based on gases rising through it. Water does not have some magical property to suddenly stump trained dogs, despite what popular culture tells us. Point being, the (relatively NEW) issue of TheHunter scenthounds failing at water is NOT realistic and SHOULD be fixed.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I wouldn't go so far as to say the scent hound is useless. I will say it's fractured but not broken. I still use mine with success. She does feel like a lvl 1 and not the lvl 43 that she is. I'm trying to lvl her up to 44. My hope is when I lvl her up she will be back to her old self. Before if she ever lost a track she was able to pick up the scent again from a non-blood track hence the footprint tracking highlighted below. Also it seems she does have a harder time tracking hence the blood tracking that I have highlighted. She's not her old self that's for sure but she still does all my tracking albeit with some help from me. At the lvl she is now water wasn't a problem before. I've seen her swim across some of the widest water ways in PB tracking an animal. It may seem like the scent hound doesn't work at all but I believe it's because we got used to the lvl our dogs were vs how they feel now. Still my go to dog.

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

As i said before my hound is the only dog of four that i own that is not at the maximum level even if i bought it as soon as it was released but if i have to think about growing it i want to turn the rifle to myself and pull the trigger...we are honest is a dog roughly brain-damaged. All the animals he found saw them because i took him there, it is also true that on different animal species now i have the skills around level 20 but where is the fun to bring along a poor thing that does not understand anything? I do not want to discuss personal tastes, i would not allow myself, but if i went back i would not buy it any more instead i would invest that badly spent money in other equipment, that's what I think...
Laxooge

Post by Laxooge »

The dog is an excellent friend and a helper for hunting. Personally, I'm used to hunting alone. The truth in recent times, a lot of rain, too much dirt. I will share with you a novelty about waders for duck hunting very practical and convenient. Does someone use a similar thing?
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

He will be a friend but the bloodhound is NOT a help, rather it is an impediment...
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Well on subject of dogs got a question for you guys ?
I would pay extra to be able to buy a fully trained dog.
In real life I do not know how to train a hunting dog so I get one from people that know and is ready to go after some bounding between dog and I
How about you guys ?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I would do, but i think the999ems should be the price for the fully trained scent hound, giving the lack of utility it have in the first 20 levels... and arguably after too, and the time it take to level it... well i got mine in a sale for 600ems or so, and even that was more that i would pay for that dog today. Now nowadays i call him my mule hound, because carrying stuff in the backpack is his main purpose, and be looked down by the other dogs in the doghouse.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

I agree 999ems is way to high a price as it is now Fully trained that price would be acceptable

Return to “Dog-related bugs”