Scent Hound behaving like German Pointer

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Seifer
Hunter

Scent Hound behaving like German Pointer

Post by Seifer »

My scent hound is not behaving properly after the recent update. I was just using it last week with no problems. I purchased the german pointer and gave it a try successfully hunting several rabbits. I saw my dog was getting tired so I switched back to my scent hound. At the moment my hound has no interest in tracking anything. I've discovered that if I hit the F10 key (Dog Command Track Small Game) my hound behaves like the pointer running to the nearest pheasant as can be seen in the screen shots. Also you can see "Dog Detection Activated" while using my hound and not my pointer. Even after starting a new hunt starting with my hound without any switching of the dogs the results are still the same.

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Scent Hound behaving like German Pointer

Post by VonStratos »

I can confirm, i was hunting with my scent and also can use the command (Dog Command Track Small Game) after press F10, but fail to find tracks "?" appears after some time,but more than that, when tracking blood tracks, after found the dead animal instead of bark around it will stop at 20 meters and point to the corpse and the point target icon shows up in the low left corner of the screen, the weirdest part is that i don not own the German pointer at this moment.

I think this call for a bug report.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

I have a lvl 42 scent hound and today in Hemmeldal he couldn't track a bear shoot with crossbow (intestines blood), he took 2-3 tracks and after he start running in all wrong directions,I tried few times giving him the command to track but it's not working.
GunnyMac22

Post by GunnyMac22 »

My lvl 47 scent hound can't track since the 4th of July patch.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

The "being unable to track" may be related to this:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=87501

but it's very unlikely to be related to the pointer, though the command's presence on the scent hound certainly is :lol: I do hope they fix them; there hasn't even been an acknowledgement that something's wrong, and they've been terrible for months now. Spending $10 on something that doesn't work sucks. It fails quite literally half of commands (lvl 34 or something) and fails almost all tracks, most of them within a few tracks.

But this thread's about scent hounds' pointer behavior, regardless, so I won't help to derail further, lol :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

My hound did track today, but it did it with the behavior of the pointer, keep walking in circles then go after the track then going from one side to another, like a pointer looking for traks but always in the direction and returning to the tracks of the animal i was tracking (a bear, intestine shot), eventually the dog found the animal (after me anyway) and barked normally, but the whole tracking behavior was the one from the pointer, so its clear they got mixed the behavior and animations, but still can found the animals if there is enough blood tracks, my dog is around 37 if i remember right.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
GunnyMac22

Post by GunnyMac22 »

Well the update fixed the UI but that's it.
My dog still has mental issues.
Kelfezond

Post by Kelfezond »

Mines gone a little special lately too :(
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I've just tried out my Hound for the first time since today's update. She still has no interest in tracking anything and her behavior is still like the Pointer. When I command her to track she runs off ahead of me like the Pointer looking for a target towards whatever direction I am facing. At the moment she is still useless as a Hound.

Edit: I think she's trying to track but not doing a very good job of it. It seemed for a moment her behavior was normal and then she must've eaten a magic mushroom cuz she started tripping hard 8-) Her tracking capabilities are nowhere near where they used to be.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Can I ask, did you guys try the Pointer out first?

If so, check this out:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=87501

as I'm wondering if it's related. Basically I think the dogs, when you switch them out in inventory, reset back to level 1 performance-wise.

Return to “Dog-related bugs”