My dog ran away!

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Rucker
Scout

My dog ran away!

Post by Rucker »

After injured a grizzly my dog started to follow the tracks. Saw him run away following the tracks and then disapeared! I tracked the injured grizzly myself and found him dead but no dog around.
Any idea what happend someone? Another question is if the dog always should bark when an animal is close by. Noticed that it has happend a couple of times but not always.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: My dog ran away!

Post by VonStratos »

When an animal is injured but still able to run and your dog reaches him by tracking it will flee and your dog will follow him, depending on the stamina of the animal it can run beyond the render distance with your dog in his tail(has happend to me) but eventually your dog should comeback running to you. so thats normal, now if your dog went mia it could be that got stuck somewhere in the way, Fast travel to a tent or lodge should bring him back.

Barking at animals is something that happens sometimes, especially with low level dogs as part of their behavior, but can happend on higher levels too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Rucker
Scout

Post by Rucker »

He came back! About a couple of minutes later.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Don't forget that you can see where your dog is by holding down the "V" while you are NOT prone. You may have to change your view a bit.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

CAmulieman wrote:Don't forget that you can see where your dog is by holding down the "V" while you are NOT prone. You may have to change your view a bit.
Or put a GPS collar on him/her...
Personal Bests...

Return to “Dog-related bugs”