Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Bosloe
Hunter

Freezing Dog Retrieval

Post by Bosloe »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Was playing in MP on Hirschfelden

Description:
Retrieving a second pheasant that I had shot from my ground blind and the dog ran out to the location and froze next to it. He would not retrieve and the only way I could get him to react to any further commands was to run out there myself and pick the pheasant up manually.

Steps to Reproduce:
I have not been able to duplicate this as yet although will add further information if it occurs again.

My Computer
Platform: Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)
OS & Version: Windows 10 64Bit
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
DerrickDude
Tracker

Re: Freezing Dog Retrieval

Post by DerrickDude »

I too have experienced this a few times. It has happened with both of my dogs (female white and female chocolate labs). It seems that it may be distance related as each time this has happened the dog has to run 180 meters or more. I have not seen this happen with retrieves shorter than 150 meters.

Hunter-X
Spotter

Post by Hunter-X »

I thinnk maximum retrieve distance is 150m and if YOU not within 150m of dead animal dog does not start retrieve, he think you crazy and no dead animal. If you have dog retrieve over 180m you have special dog and very lucky! :)

But this problem happen to me few times also. When this happen to me I think MAYBE reason is when dead animal almost over 150m and then YOU walk away from dead animal more than 150m when dog is in process of retrieve. Not 100% certain but appear this way when happened to me few times. Now when long retrieve I remain under 150m of dead animal until dog return with animal and has not happen since I do this.
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Don't thonk it's the distance, it happens to me too, 2/3 times per hunt, but the distances differ...
Had that happen from 60 to 20m mostly, only once with a paesant at 100

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to “Dog-related bugs”